Support Rune Suggestions

Thank’s a lot for the kind words! :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:

And sorry for stealing your post a little bit :upside_down_face:

Actually, I have been ruminating for quite some time. Not about these Runes in particular, but about different Playstyles and Mechanics that would be nice to have in the game.

For me, its most of the fun in ARPGs and Soulslikes to try out new, often underrated playstyles and making them work. I also love coop and abilities that work best with a team (I prefer to play tank/support roles). Sadly there a not a lot of games that have many of those and I feel Wicked has great potential to not only have a lot of these, but to do them well!

Runes are a great way of introducing new play styles and didin’t think of doing a post of specific ideas, so thank you for that! :heart:

I don’t know if all of these fit Moons vision, but these are some basic options and ideas, they can be adapted and fleshed out. Ideally, imo we have lots of Runes and each Rune creates a play pattern that is distinctly different from others. There are much, MUCH more ideas from where these came from. We can do a little brainstorming session, if you like.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, we already have a lot of games that do many options and coop abilities well. MOBAs in particular give each character 4+ somewhat unique abilities and those are specifically balanced for multiplayer and PvP. So that shows its totally possible to have lots of options, without a bad PvP/multiplayer experience! Also Wicked can steal some of those :smiley:

If you want you can also look at my posts about playstyles, mechanics and coop. Most of the ideas come directly from there.