Stop to nerfed all

I’m tired of weapons, enchantments and runes is nerfed and you being left with a useless or less useful weapon or armor.
If someone considers it too powerful and doesn’t like it, don’t use it. But there is no reason to continually lower the statistics. In the end only 3 or 4 people will be able to play…

2 Likes

Nerfs and buffs are inevitable for balancing.

Try to see it positively. You found something so op, they had to nerv it.

3 Likes

The game is in EA, this is something you can expect to happen. Especially when certain affix/rune combinations break the game.

• Focus Neutral State (Infinite supply of Focus)

• Spammable Runes (No Cooldown)

• Perma CC

That combination is not healthy gameplay as it overrides the core combat loop.

That being said, I do wish we had more affixes/enchants/runes so we can theorycraft more builds and find more ways to break/play the game. Rather than most builds resorting to Focus Neutral Rune Spam.

We need more affixes, customization options for more build variety.

3 Likes

There are broken combinations in all games, even in soulslike ones. And that doesn’t mean they should be eliminated or nerfed. Simply anyone who wants more difficulty should not use it.

1 Like

Well i disagree for several reasons:

1. First and foremost games are Art, and devs should always have the freedom to create their vision of a game no matter what we think or feel. but that generally applies. So if they feel something is not like they have envisioned it, let them nerf it.

2. as soon as multiplayer is introduced a simple “just don’t use it” won’t do. u can’t tell me u enjoy it when u fight someone who uses an OP weapon combination or when everybody only uses the same equipment because it is OP (yes i am looking at you sellsword winblades from DS3)

3. having some mechanic resulting in something that clearly has an advantage compared to other loadouts basically results in every other item combination being trash, unless players “force” themselves to experience it.

4. and last but not least: this is an early access title. what do people expect? a finished game without changes? Then wait until release of version 1.0. and even then there will be patches. u even have to agree to term of service when buying EA titles that state “changes, wipes or end of development etc. possible”

1 Like

OMFG this argument again do you realize how EASY it was to make something broken though? It wasn’t the fact it existed it was the fact it required only 1 ring or 1 blue armor piece with the affix you wanted and then you could be invincible. The build still exists you just need to have a higher investment.

1 Like
  1. Developers ask for opinions and I give them. They cannot impose their vision of the game, they must observe what the players want in order to succeed. 2. In multiplayer, different rules could be set than offline to balance it. 3. If something is OP you can not use it and play normally. 4. Precisely because it is early access I can say what I think.

The issue is that every BROKEN combination involved what I addressed.

We simply need more variety of BROKEN combinations rather than taking the same broken thing and applying it to every build.

Also telling people to not use it doesn’t work. If someone can get a massive advantage with little effort people will do just that.

1 Like

And what do you care what other people wear? If people use it it’s because they enjoy it that way. And if it is removed or nerfed it frustrates them. Anyone who wants extra difficulty won’t simply use it. I think there is too much obsession with the way others play and only the way you play yourself is seen as correct.

You chose not to respond to my arguments so I’ll use a different approach.

1. IF a loophole exists in a law, it needs to be amended. You can’t just say: ‘‘but, I enjoy using that loophole in the law’’.

2. What do you care how fast I drive on the highway? If people drive that fast it is because they enjoy it. And if it becomes illegal it will frustrate them. Anyone who wants to drive safely, simply won’t drive too fast. I think there is too much obsession with how fast other people drive and the only way to drive yourself, safe driving, is correct.

2 Likes

I just can’t respond to incoherent arguments. If there is a legal loophole that does not affect others, it is not necessary to close it. It is different than someone benefiting and someone else suffering. And the issue of speed is answered in the same way. Excessive speed can cause an accident and kill yourself or other people. It is a danger to life. So look for meaningful similarities.

honestly, you invested in a project that is in its early stages of development? what did you expect?

vote with your wallet. its not that hard. if you do not want nerfs, patches and changes, just wait and buy it a year after release. you have the full control on how you invest your money.

bit off topic, but thats exactly why we get more and more unfinished and overpriced games. because people just buy and complain later, instead of realistically assessing the state of the product.

and now we have a very promising game with a very active development team, that tries to stay on their toes with every feedback they get. in my book that is worth much more than any fully “optimized” title you can buy nowadays for 70 bucks, and still needs 20 patches before it is fully playable.

you can also turn your argument around. you say “hey i find it frustrating, so why don’t you just accept my way and not use my build”. but we could also say “hey we find it really nice, that the team constantly improves the game, and other builds are now finally balanced with what was boring and too easy for me before. why don’t you just accept that we want more variety with the same satisfaction for each build”

1 Like

No, you just wilfully chose to ignore them because they are facts, and the nuance of my other message went over your head. Given your response to @chemile0n I do think proverb 18:2 is applicable to you.

Just know that harm can come in many ways. The game will harm itself and it’s playerbase if there is a singular meta to which every build adheres to. The nerfs were more than deserved since focus neutrality was achieved way too easily.

We need more build and meta variety rather than just 1 meta that works for each build. More affixes are needed, and guess what, after players test those new affixes. There will be new broken builds. That in turn will get nerfed because they are too powerful or buffed because they are too weak. This is something quite simple to understand :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

don’t be too harsh :wink: I just hope the devs can handle all the complaining. this game has more potential than most of the things i played in the last 2 years.

and as far as i can tell it is going in the right direction.

but then again, i am rather someone who is thankful for the effort. And excited to try out new shit now :grimacing:

1 Like

They went from 58 to 83 in the steam reviews so I think they are handling it quite well :joy:

I do think this game has a lot of untapped potential, especially with the runes, enchanting, crafting and immersive elements such as housing and roleplay. For me I bought into the vision and the developers themselves. I love reading Thomas’ tweets and insight into the game. It affirms to me that the direction they are heading in a good direction.

That being said, I do want more affixes/customization and the enchantment lottery is annoying the hell out of me :joy:

1 Like

yeah i addressed that i another post that probably got “lost in the woods”. I would actually pay real money for any form to influence enchantments. Like enchant as is (oh lord, don’t take anything away…) OR give an additional amount X of red gems to get a higher chance for HP buff. make it expensive, i don’t care, but doing 20 crucible runs and enchanting 69 weapons just to sell 68 of them seems more frustrating to me than some minor nerfs tbh.

Yeah, this definitely didn’t happen to me also. Especially not with a specific T2 Crestfallen Knights Helmet that takes several hours to farm, which we cant craft. Adding to the experience :upside_down_face:

I will say this though: I have made a post about an improvement about enchanting in here:

I also have a collection of certain topics, including enchanting, in here:

But, thats enough of me shamelessly plugging my posts :sweat_smile:

hahaha now you want chosen enchantments!!! That would make it quick and easy to make broken builds. There is no one who understands you.

And, I repeat, it is early access and that is why I can give my opinion and that is why I bought it.

no i do not. i want more balanced enchantments. currently they are super cheap, and 100% random. and i do not want to change that. i just want to add something to it.

Like in other games where when you want a “lightning buff” enchantment you need to invest not only gold or souls or whatever but also a lightning gem. This is common use in pretty much every game i played which has enchantments.

And it does not make more OP builds it just gives you the opportunity to influence 1 out of 4-5 possible stats.

I am sure there are people who know this principle and who understood what i meant. but thx for giving me the chance to clarify.

1 Like

You can totally do that. And we are totally free to consider your opinion as steaming pile of … .

Nerfing is necessary for balancing.