Hot take on Comabt

I did a brief lookover of this forums discussions about combat so what I’m saying might just be nonsense but here are a few problems

STATS
Now personally I think most of the opinion below regarding this matter would be shot down if they added stat respecing. I get that people want the stats to do more things then just scale with the weapon, but granted most of your build and what you want from stats comes with enchantments/rings.

-Strength - more attack damage
-Dexterity - Attack speed, movement speed, anything regarding speed
-Faith - Something to do with focus gain
-Intelligence - Spell damage/rune skill damage?

All of this of this can be circumvented with new and old enchantments/rings and maybe rune skills.

ENCHANTMENTS/INFUSING

• As some people said white and blues are the main enchantments to use purples don’t warrant any use as they don’t have enough risk reward factor just more risk

• I know of the enchantments people have been saying is universally good or overpowered but then again you really don’t have to use them, most of the builds people have been using better or for worse are solid good builds, the people who are having difficulty with this game can use those builds and not get stuck in a certain area later on progress and enjoy the game

• They have to allow us to get specific enchantments through sacrificing gear with the same effects and a high price because having to reroll stats on a armor piece you want 20 or more tries is haunting

• I would like to see a Damage over time effect for a more status effect heavy build

• Not only that but not being to replace the infused gem on your very good weapons needs to change

• This is just speculation but all the gems are “chipped” so maybe later on there will be better versions of them increasing both the low and high end percentages

RUNES

• I do agree getting focus points off of rune skills seems redundant and can be scrapped so that shouldn’t happen anymore

• Some rune skills may or may not need to be nerfed, I say this because you don’t want to end up having everything nerfed and not have fun, instead look at some of those weapons, enchantments, runes, etc. and just make them more fun or add more fun stuff. Like 2 second stagger jump smash on hit for slower giant weapons that’s good because in terms of everything else if you nerf that skill giant weapons are even less fun now.
    Same goes with every other nerf.

• Same thing with the infusion let us replace the runes

2 HANDED GIANT WEAPONS
2 Handed Giant weapons these by far are the most lack luster weapons in the game, I get that they don’t want it to have the same attack speed as a 1 handed weapon but for some reason most 2handed giant weapons have the same poise damage as a dagger

• Please make it so that there is super armor on charge attacks that includes damage reduction and poise on charge attacks that way we can stand up to the enemies in this game

• Maybe add an rune that lowers your armor and weight for a damage boost temporarily and depending on how high and heavy your loadout is the greater the boost

All in all they are doing a great job, currently I don’t find any staggering problems except for the previously mentioned ones above which are improving Giant 2 handed weapons, replacing gems and runes, being able to get specific enchantments, and take away focus gain while using rune skills. In short don’t nerf anything except focus gain on skills, just have fun and add new enchantments/effects.

1 Like

I both agree and disagree.

I agree that 2H are the most lack luster.

I don’t necessarily think they need super armor though (though I usually switch to 1H if I can’t isolate enemies). I find the normal attacks on 2H (beyond running/smash) to be mostly useless, and opt to use a charge attack over a standard, the timing doesn’t seem to be that different.

That being said, it’s nuts to me that a 2H weapon that moves like it weighs a ton doesn’t stagger an enemy as easily as dual daggers and various other light weapons.

Haha, hot takes indeed. I think most people are finding purple equipment to be best, they have higher tier modifiers and there are many curse downsides that do nothing. Imagine any blue but 50% stronger and ‘you lose XP on death, but are at the level cap’.

I really like white item customization, but it’s hard to get most gem types and their modifiers are smaller with a more limited selection.

I have to give a huge thumbup for pointing out the 2H weapons being lackluster, was rolling with the basic long sword and has been killing everything ez pz. Switched to halberd now am getting owned by mobs, I might suck at using them, but something with these big weapons just are off

Just blitzed through crucible with both corpse smeared blade and fetid club against Echo Knight
(My main build is for falstead’s fury Strength and faith, couldn’t equip other big items)

Corpse Smeared Blade

• yes it hits very hard but it’s unbelievably slow its’ dash attack takes a whole 2-3 seconds to hit so you have to wait a second, stand still and do the neutral attack to be faster, have to be lucky enough to get the 2nd hit in.
  • basically it ended being get 1 maybe 2 hits in, 1 if you had to dodge, wait for the attack, parry, charge attack, do the single hit focus skill (the other one will just get you killed) and rinse and repeat. If you played Elden ring this is almost similar to the melina boss fight and just have to wait for the single opening to hit her with out having her use fast attack right afterwards because you’re using a heavy weapon

Fetid Club

• Faster combo chain, dash attack, etc. better in comparison to CS Blade but the heavy attack has the same problem, it takes way too long to hit by then Echo knight A. would’ve hit me by now or B. dash back and it misses.
  • Rune skills on it last way too long for it to even hit

Appeal of the 2H weapons single handedly failed to stagger the boss you need to very frequently hit the boss so it won’t reset but given how much stamina and how slow your attacks makes it not impossible but stupid hard. I’m not entirely sure but I think parrying makes the stagger bar reset IDK.