Respec costs - give players a choice

I’ve seen posts indicating that respec costs will be high, or that respec opportunities will be rare, once implemented.

In a game primarily about exploration, why limit our ability to explore builds as well?

Why not, at the very least, give players a choice in how they want respecs handled. At character creation, allow some options that can be toggled including whether respecs are free/cheap or expensive/rare?

This would be the same way many games now give you the option of a hardcore/no respawn run.

Don’t make players have to start an entirely new run if they want to try a focus build in the late game when they’ve been all strength or dex early on. Doing so will alienate a lot of players, like me, that enjoy freedom and don’t have the time, or want to dedicate so much time, to start over again multiple times.

We can’t sell the game back. There are no micro transactions, so letting players have more freedom in their builds with less time invested can be a huge plus to many players while not affecting the devs or publishers at all.

Please consider not making respecs expensive. Players who want more respecs will just end up resorting to things like Cheat Engine and that’s not a great solution.

7 Likes

What do you mean by respect?

He probably wanted to say “re-spec”

3 Likes

Oh, now makes sense xd

1 Like

Auto correct demands respect.

1 Like

Agree very much, creating another character and leveling up just to try another build is boring. Also with a free or low cost re-spec I would be able to tweak the character just the way I need to an area or boss, and experiment all items weapons and ways of playing, without the boring grind. With all of that the game already kind of makes me keep on with a specific build since making a good weapon have a cost.

4 Likes

We need a respectful Re-spec !

Re-spec is a great important feature, I will never understand the fact every damn game makes it difficult or almost impossible : to oblige player to recreate a new character?

2 Likes

Yes, 100% that’s how it went in much older games like Diablo 2. Get to level 70 and want to try something new with the same class? Get started on a reroll.

I hope we don’t have to do that, or farm rare mats for it or something.

Respect a players time. This game will supposedly not have micro transactions and can’t be resold, so there’s no reason to keep me grinding away in this game. Let me enjoy it and move on without extra grind.

1 Like