NPC who have nothing to do

I don’t remember if the developers talked about this or not, but it made me think and I’ll just leave my thought.

They are actively showing the content of the Diablo 4 add-on now, they also showed PoE2, a little information about TQ2. And everywhere it catches the eye that the NPCs are just dummies who, if they don’t fight, just walk back and forth or stand still.
We need more meaningful movements for the NPCs.
If these are two mercenaries standing by the fire, let them cook, sit, talk, maybe one went to sleep. Let them stop standing in place or walking back and forth doing nothing.
Maybe in the ruins one is standing by the wall smoking a pipe, another went to the toilet, the third found something in the corner and went to study it. In the evening they get together to talk by the fire, and at night they go to sleep, leaving one on guard.

Monsters too, some eat, some rest, sit, maybe make a nest for themselves, even let two different monsters fight for food or territory - that’s cool and awesome.
A giant with a big stick can also do more than just stand, give him the opportunity to at least sit, eat or “fix” something.

For me, the standard of a good living open world is Gothic 1-2.
Even with all the repetitive behavior patterns, the world felt very alive. This is perfect here.

It’s a big job, many types of opponents, and everyone would like several different behavior patterns. But you can start small, 2-3 behavior patterns for each, and then expand the possibilities.

1 Like

Yup, we’ve discussed all this before and would definitely like to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I’m really looking forward to future updates, you are making a truly great game :slight_smile:

I like that idea too, i already liked the fact that most npcs in town have several lines of dialogue with exposition to the world without being stupid, they talk to you in a belivable manner, like small talk, no robotic drivel like some rpgs.

Great to hear that; Excited to see how NPC and monster behaviors will evolve. It’ll definitely add more depth to the game. Thanks for the update :blush: