Enchantment RNG, Especially on Rare(ish) Items

I am currently using dual daggers. For me to get a dual dagger setup that is good enough, I’ll require an enchantment with:

Slot 1: About <20% damage bonus, any element is fine
Slot 2: % Focus on hit
Slot 3: % Health on hit
Slot 4: Anything for the fourth slot, or nothing, the first three is good enough. God roll if I get 14% chance to refill stamina or something.

Debuff: Anything that isn’t equip load debuffs or damage taken debuffs.

Infusion: If the enchantment was good enough, pray for at least <10% damage bonus, whatever element is on the weapon.

I can manage rolling enchantments for the Brother’s Keepers, as I can buy as many as I’d like at the smithy - but I could run through 100 enchantments without getting the enchantment’s I’d like. For even more specific requirements than the ones above - For true meta gamers, it’d take a lot more rolls.

This isn’t a problem for the Brother’s Keepers, but it is a problem for the Rogue Messer.

I like the Rogue Messer moveset more. However, I still have yet to get more than one pair of Rogue Messers - There is no possible way I could farm enough Rogue Messers to roll enough enchantments to get a good enough setup for my build.

This is especially bad for the Messers, but this applies to any weapon you can’t simply buy at a store - Farming for planks, etc. to craft weapons at anvils can still add up to a lot of time farming. Also, if your build runs multiple weapons, multiply that time farming by the amount of weapons.

This is especially going to be an issue when PvP opens up - To compete at high levels, weapons with at least the enchantments outlined above are going to be required - Without them, you’re at a disadvantage from just luck alone.

I’m a big Monster Hunter fan, so it’s not just that I don’t like grinding for a build - I absolutely do, but this can just feel too daunting.

My gamer suggestion would be to implement a rare item that could do one of three things for an enchanted weapon or armour:

1. Add a random buff if there is less than 4 positive slots used.
  2. Reroll a single buff or debuff, leaving every other slot untouched.
  3. Add a +1 to the buff, until the maximum amount is achieved.

It’d be nice if this also worked on infuse gems as well, of course it’d be specific to the 3rd option - Adding a +1 to the infusion.

As long as this item is rare, it’d be a lovely addition to show players that their dream setup is absolutely achievable on any weapon they own, they just need to farm for it. I can see this item being restricted to endgame crucible dungeons - For the true endgame meta gamers.

Note that for each weapon and armour piece, upwards of 20-50 of these items could be used, depending on how lucky they get with the initial enchantment, and subsequent single-slot rolls. I still think the goal shouldn’t be to eliminate a grind - it’s just to establish a clear path for the grind that’s achievable, given work. Again, there’s no way anyone’s getting about 100 Rogue Messers at the moment.

Thanks for reading! I love the game so far.

• Lily
1 Like