The Current Crafting System Doesn't Work

Currently, I find that the crafting system in the game is not well implemented. To upgrade our equipment, for example, we are required to use materials that would normally need refining, such as hides and ingots. However, these materials are easily purchasable from merchants, making raw materials useful solely for upgrading structures.

As for crafting weapons and armor, given the rarity and quantity of materials required for their construction, I believe it would only make sense if the weapons and armor obtained in this way provide special bonuses, higher defense/attack values, or more slots for runes and gems compared to what can be found simply by opening a chest.

Ultimately, regarding the creation of consumable items such as potions, oils, and bombs, I feel it’s worth noting that personally, throughout all my experience, I’ve never felt the need to craft even one of these items. Not only because I’m the type of player who doesn’t enjoy using consumables, but also because even when I made an effort to use them to test the game, I realized that it’s much simpler to obtain consumables through exploration rather than investing in recipes and relying on crafting. Consequently, this led me to consider any roots or pieces of charcoal as useless.

1 Like

They said they’d be removing materials from vendors. I’m sure they know crafting is in a bad spot atm.

Oh, I didn’t know they had already stated their intention to remove refined resources from vendors. That would certainly be a first step towards giving purpose to crafting benches for refining resources.

I hope they manage to balance the other aspects of crafting that I’ve noticed as well.

The crafting imbalance is because the system is not fully out yet. One of the reasons vendors sell many refined materials is because we lack the efficient methods right now so the solution in the interim was to let us buy them.

1 Like