Please do not add difficulty sliders/settings to the game. It would be a waste of resources and time IMO

Well, maybe its smarter to think about, how difficulty options could be implemented in a smart, good feeling way, if they were to be implemented.

I’ll open a thread for that topic. For reference:

Thanks for the inspiration :pray:

Here is the content - Feel free to discuss here.

Sidenote

I am generally opposed to difficulty sliders, but I think it is still a valuable topic to discuss. Whether or not it is implemented, maybe we can collect some ideas and evoke some inspiration on how it could be done well.

“Good” for me personally would mean, that none of the games mechanics become obsoleted by easier difficulty settings and play styles remain viable for harder difficulty settings. Ideally difficulty settings respect both skillevel and also available playtime of the player. Also I would love it, if seamless multiplayer across different difficulties is possible.

Idea

I’ll propose a somewhat simple option from my pov:
Give the option to reduce/increase enemy density and possibly to increase/decrease experience gain for the player within the campaign only.

• No mechanics become obsolete
  • The economy is mostly unaffected (though I personally don’t like balancing around multiplayer economy)
    → Would be affected only at the very start of the game as some players progress faster. If seasons were to be implemented, the options could be disabled for a couple days to allow for racing
  • Respects both, the available time and skill level of the player, when it comes to finishing the campaign
  • No effect on the endgame
    → The people that want a challenge would just breeze a bit faster through the campaign and focus on the endgame (what they do most of the time anyways)
  • It’s easy to understand
  • Should be somewhat easy to adjust
  • Could be fun to test one’s build/strategies against more enemies
  • Makes multiple characters per player more viable (they get into the endgame faster), which i personally really like
  • Could work well in multiplayer as exp is character based and number of enemies could scale with number of players as well (much prefer that over enemies simply being stronger anyways)

Additional independent option

Give us an optional “God-/Storymode” toggle, that is obvious and may be reserved for single player only. An option, for when you truly become stuck or tired, suffer from a disability, or just want the story experience

What do you think? Have any other ideas? Feel free to comment and discuss.

Thank you for your time :pray: