[Obsolete] Every time I quit the game my character is lost

When I quit the game and open it again my character is gone. The continue button is greyed out and I can only create a new character. My realm is still there but I can’t find any sign of my previous character. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and tried creating new characters. Every time I quit the game my character is lost.

Logs

Aftet the hotfix when i loaded into the game my character is gone. but i can still see my realm and my map and story progression and i can join with a new character but even then when i just get out of the game . my character just dont save. how to fix this

nvm fixed it myself . character save file extention turned into .TMP instead of .DAT for some reason. changing it back to .DAT loaded the character just fine.

I have the same problem.

Hello,

After pc crashed during gaming, i losted my character save … my realm is ok but lost charactere, if i begin a new one same thing i never have “continue” when i start game.

i verified steam installed game, uninstall reinstall same thing…

i can create a new character, choose my realm (or create a new one) but if i stop gaming and reopen game, i dont have “continue” …

some one can help me pls?

if after i leave the game i return to create character … continue is not enable …

incredible … im the best …i finded the solution

i think during my crash i losted my saving file character slot “default/before one”

if you look into “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Moon Studios\NoRestForTheWicked” folder you will find all save .dat file
one by character one by realm and “backup”

when i looked into default(first) character .dat i see is empty ! i copied .tmp (with almost same time modify) into this one .dat and is working !!! after that i can see all my character created after my crach and i have “continu” now !!!

Same :frowning:
I would really like to play this game…

Same here. Damn i can not find a fix

I lost all of my progress after reaching level 21 :confused:
I’m playing on my Asus Rog Ally

Please fix this issue

How is performance on the Ally?

It was running pretty well most of the time actually, a little frame drops here n there

I feel you pain bro :downcast_face_with_sweat:

Hi,

I played the game on day one, and the next day, i lost my character. I was waiting few days, because “Maybe it will back” but no, nothing came back.

I have my game, so i can add an other character to this game, but i have no character actually.

Is it a know bug ?

Thanks

Same here lost everything. I love the game but I can’t even save my characters
the progress on the realms is saved but not the characters

Hello mate, it’s sad to know that there’s someone else experiencing the same bug as me. I’ve been trying to fix this bug for a few days actually, searching for a tutorial or trying to understand if it was my Steam cloud or my game. Apparently it’s the game, so I’ll try to properly report it this weekend so they can fix it. I hope it works out, good luck there, buddy.

When I started the game I couldn’t find my character anymore. Creating a new character I can use the recent realms but without the possibility of recovering the PG, where I had also redeemed the armor Cerim, now being forced to start again I can redeem it again ?

I lost all my progress after playing for more than 30 hours and at level 21

Link for all the 3 files needed:

I lost 46 hours of gameplay and now I can’t even save any new characters. my realm progress is saved

Same here :unamused: :unamused: my character after 46 hours of gameplay is gone and the realm progression is there. i created a new character but it won’t save the character

I’ve been having the same issue since day one of the game. Don’t delete anything, apparently it can be resolved. I haven’t tested what one user suggested yet, but apparently it’s possible to recover. I’ll put the link to the post here, if you want to try as well, let me know if you managed to recover your character.

https://forum.norestforthewicked.com/t/character-gone-and-now-my-realm-progress-wont-save/2778/2?u=emv.exe