My Respec idea, your opinion?

Hey,

I’ve got a question. Let’s say I’ve invested some points in strength, but now I’m using a dex weapon. Will these strength points affect my character’s strength in any way?

Conversely, would dex points affect my movement speed or anything if I use a strength weapon? Or would these points be wasted?

Regarding respeccing: Some discussions already exist, but I have an idea for a potential respec solution:

We could reset a character’s entire level. For instance, if we’re level 30, an NPC could reset a chosen number of levels. If we’re given, say, 5 levels to reset, we’d have to regain those 5 levels to be able to respec them.

The benefit of this approach is that if there’s a current meta in multiplayer, it would slow down players’ adaptability, so we wouldn’t see everyone switching to daggers too quickly.

Furthermore, if someone needs to reset 30 points of an ability, that would mean 10 levels. So the player would need time to regain those 10 levels, maybe acquire other weapons and gear, and so on.

What do you think of my idea?