Multiple damage type

Question for community
I infuse my weapons with cold.
If I add another damage type, say Plague via a rune or attribute, does that mean when I damage an enemy, they are damaged by cold AND plague or only one?
Would love to be able to stack up different damage types in combat .

I did this in the Echo Knight fight, my sword does ice damage, i didnt have the ice oil so i put fire on it, the fight is so chaotic that i didnt see if it worked, had this question myself since then.

I just experimented a little with this rolled plague dmg on a claymore put fire dmg gem on it
by default all dmg was plague not fire, i did not test if a rune like fire throw would have done more dmg because of the gem. I imagine it still would unless the plague overides the rune.

I’m honestly not sure. I had a scimitar that had lightning damage built-in (from an enchantment), with a cold-damage gem inserted into it.

I only see yellow (lightning) damage numbers pop up when I hit enemies with it. And I’ve never seen an enemy get frozen. So it seems like it doesn’t work.

But I’ve also never seen an enemy get frozen from a weapon that only does cold damage. And I didn’t actually memorize what my damage was with just the innate lightning damage either, because I had just assumed it was going to work, so I’m not actually sure if it didn’t add damage.

At the very least, it’s all kind of confusing, and some clarity would be nice.

The next question(s)
Would it be OP or not if we were able to stack different dmg types on a single weapon ?

What if the DMG types would synergise / amplify one another?
Cold and plague =additional dmg
heat and electricity = same

BUT plague with heat or electricity cancel one another
Heat and cold cancel one another and do physical only dmg?

Perhaps something as easy as showing the damage numbers in a color to highlight what DMG was in effect would work?

Let us mix elements! :fist:t5:

And give us more elements… XD

Or CC. Or both…