Graphics seem foggy or dusty after Patch 2

As the title says, the whole look and feel is a bit dusty or foggy. Almost as of there is a Filer over everything. It seems less sharp, and as if weather is always somewhat cloudy. Hard to explain.

Checked the graphics settings seems to be related to TAA/FSR setting. With TAA its slightly less, but still feels odd. Screenshots below.

1. AMD FSR setting:

2.: TAA setting:

I will also link Screenshots from other people that fit the problem, if it is any, maybe it is intentional.

it feels like it is just the game brightness that got increase, and dark area aint dark enough anymore, maybe try to tune it down, and increase the saturation a lil bit to correct this aspect ? hope this will help u ^^

This looks like something stupid as Volumetric Lightning to me. It is really annoying, but the resolution is simple, they just need to let us customize the graphics settings so we can turn things off that are stupid or we dislike.

1 Like

They had a 2nd Lighting Mode that removed the Light Aura from around the character but they removed it as it was a “Developer Tool”. I am trying to get it back as it was actually proper lighting and made areas darker since there was no Fake Lighting Source emanating from the character.

1 Like

Huh, that’s an interesting find if true. To add to all that the pixelation on textures with transparency like fog, water, moss and grass still looks unresolved.

would be great to have more control over this especially with low tier rig like mine, i was having decent performance before patch 2 and now all the folliage, lighting fx, fire spells just destroys my fps t_t

yeah, i just tried to fight the plaque doctor, but her fire bomb bombards my fps and i get poked to death while i watch it happen picture by picture lol

The update really helped with performance but the additional particle effects are really demanding.

my vote would go for options to toggle foliage sway on off, shadow lighting quality settings low medium high etc.

1 Like

100% right especially the fire spell that ramp up over the floor, if u are super far from the witch, u’ll have like 10 explosions on the ground, and they do it 3 times . . when this happens, controller input got heavilyyyy delayed and ho god… i died to this twice yesterday XD

1 Like