Feedback after 8 hours, long feedback list!

Ive been playing quite a but now, albeit not making much progress… I posyed feedback earlier but it wqs only regarding a bounty.

Heres a more in-depth feedback based on my playtime so far:

Overpowered general mobs:- I beat the boss comong into sacrament first time, not a flex, I know many did and it wasnt an incredibly tough fight… compared to the general mobs…

Nothing feels satisfying when fighting. Your overly punished for any attack that you do, its more of a ‘hit them once, roll, wait for them’ which makes progressing through the game a slog.
Countering an enemy doesnt feel worth the attempt, since you stun them for such a small time frame, you may as well just hit them once and dodge anyway.

So in the combat aspect, I just dont find any of it satisfying…

Map:- Although the map is visually amazing and appealing to look at, its so dark I cant see myself or the enemies half the time, Ive messed around with the brightness settings but it just ruins the visual experience becoming all washed out.

The whole map is an absolute maze as well, which usually Im fine with. Ive played all the souls like games & loved them but the issue lies again with the sheer amount of enemies, again taking so long to kill you can spend hours in a single part of the map just trying to get through, theres no breathing room or appeal to explore since death is pretty much constant.

Quests/ bounties- Ive no idea what Im doing, not that I would mind if traversal was fun, but its not and figuring out where to go & getting killed every 2 seconds isnt making this experience fun.
Even when I attempted a bounty to kill crabs at mariner’s keep, I couldnt complete it because the game didnt spawn enough crabs?? I dont want to spend 30 minutes looking for a single crab.

Leveling & gear:- I have no idea if Im out of my depth… Im fighting enemies in the namesless pass at level 8 and Ive no idea if Im underleveled? Enemies are dropping equipment for level 11? How am I meant to get to level 11 when it takes time for enemies in other sections of the map to respawn?

Also, please add more info in regards to the stats… what TYPES of equipment scale with faith, int, dex, str. How can I work on any build if ive no idea what Im putting stats into, and if I mess up, can I reset my stats? Why does no one know the answer to this question?

Resources/ storage:-

Im getting all these resources Ive no idea will be helpful later ingame and Ive got no more storage room? The community chest I have is full, as now is my inventory and I cant pick anything else up?

Durability:- Do I need say anything at this point? Its had a lot of completely valid feedback. In a game where you die this easily to oglverpowered general mobs, does durability need to exist or even have a decent way it works? I cant even repair singular equipment, why does stuff im not equipping lose durability? Why cant we just repair one thing? Does it need to cost that much gold, which btw is not easy to come by, at least early game?

Overall Im not having fun, I dont understand how or why streamers hype or recommend this game, if it was diablo or poe… or even souls, theyd be telling people to run for the hills.
I completely understand that this is early access and thered bound to be a few things here and there that are minor annoyances which will improve overtime, and I know you’ll improve things overtime but, in your own internal playtesting, I dont know how some of these passed you by.
I know you’ll work hard and have worked incredobly hard on the game and Ive no doubt you’ll mske this into an amazing game but as it stands right now, I generally couldnt recommend it to anyone

2 Likes