Exploiting Infinite Resources in the Game

Hey everyone,

I’m surprised no one seems to be talking about this, but I think it’s time to spill the beans on how you can duplicate any item in the game. Maybe people are afraid the developers will patch it out, but I’m sure they already knew about this before even releasing the early access, so while it lasts, here’s how you can make the most of it.

However, I understand that not everyone may be comfortable with using exploits. If that’s the case, feel free to ignore this post and continue playing the game as intended.

It’s pretty simple: just back up your save file.

Right now, since the game is offline, it operates with separate save files for each character and realm. So, if you back up your character’s save file, deposit everything you own into your house storage, and then restore your character’s save file, you’ll find that the items you deposited are now in both your character’s inventory and your realm’s storage.

This little trick opens up a world of possibilities. You can duplicate gems, reagents, XP potions (giving you free XP), or even sell duplicated items to rake in quick gold.

Now, why am I sharing this? Well, since the game is currently offline, this exploit only affects you and doesn’t harm anyone else.

Plus, it makes testing the game and trying out new builds a breeze. It even helps stress test certain aspects of the game that might not be easily achievable otherwise. For instance, because I have an excess of gem stacks, the infusing UI doesn’t display all of them properly after the latest patch, and the same goes for runes.

So, there you have it. Make the most of this while you can, and stop complaining about silver bars and bear claws.

some people have bring this up already and there is youtube content creators who share this already. i accidentally found this out when i lost my gear and tried to get them back from backup save but realize the the game dosnt save the character proggress, only the realm proggress.

As you sad, you found it by accident.

I think all exploit should be made well known for both the developer and the players.

it was 2 days after i found this exploit my self i see youtube video about it, it was only a matter of time when i find it

I have played 640 hours to Grim Dawn, and at the end, I have used some trainers to create an overpowerful hardcore characters with too many skills and armor, without any problems.

If it’s local multiplayer, without any ranking, it can be ok and authorized.

But if it’s a multiplayer with mandatory online connection like in Diablo4, with Steam’s VAC system: WeMod will prevent to do anything, and using a trainer or any cheat/glitch like this one will be dangerous for your account.

It’s a question of context. To cheat in solo is not a problem and must be authorized, to cheat in multiplayer to deliberately ruin the game of other players is another perspective!!

1 Like

Not everyone wants to spend their day copying and pasting. We’re trying to play a game and make it balanced and fun and that means going out in the word actually playing the game to find out if it actually works or not.

Since characters can share loot, eventually people will have enough of everything and it will be easier to make a farming route when the tree new areas are released, most like revealing more silver and bear paws etc.

1 Like