END-GAME IDEAS (to keep the game alive)

Things we need:

1. Chase gear items, like super rare drops from mobs/bosses.
  2. Chase non-gear items, like a super rare golden fish to flex or some kind of tree that’s just one out of 10.000 so you can build a super rare, fancy looking chair. I can already see people grinding for 10 years just to build their entire house with that rare wood.
  3. Super hard, almost unbeatable Uber Bosses that will require high skill and super deep knowledge.
  4. Very well done PvP.
  5. Social content. For example (Now hear me out): They could add a tavern in town, in that, when you enter, you’ll end up in a online-realm with different, random people (10 at a time or so). There will be mini games like a arm-wrestling mini-game. To make it more interesting, people should be able to place bets.
  6. A leaderboard for crucible and other stuff, for example “Most fishes fished” and so on.
2 Likes

I love ARPGs which is what brought me here, and somehow this is what got me the most excited. I would love this.

2 Likes

Yeah, i love stuff like that and most other ARPG’s lack such content…

1 Like

Honestly a good amount of games in general lack social elements like these now.

2 Likes

Really like your ideas:

Maybe this is written on a note outside the tavern wall

About the item chasing i would like to add:

• Optional roguelike dungeons with higher difficulty, special bosses with a chance of dropping boss only loot (long term motivation) beside the crucible. I love to see dungeons with personality placed around the world beside the main story. Grim Dawn did this very well. Would love to see something like that.

• Speaking of Grim Dawn and uber bosses: GD got a really long term motivating fraction system. Supporting a fraction means e.g. getting better vendor items from them. Killing fraction members/mobs means making them more angry resulting in an special uber boss of the specific fraction which spawns at random locations all around the map. Fraction progress is visualized in bars with 3 keypoints i think. Reaching the first keypoint for example makes enemies of that fraction even stronger + spawing special harder enemies. The final uber bosses also got there own loot tables with special unique items.

Atm i dont think there are enough fractions or i dont know about them. There are the “Nith” , “Risen” ?
Maybe a lot more but need to get the story right.

1 Like

True roguelike experience for Crucibles would provide nearly endless playthrough that won’t need any maintenance from devs or any other players. My suggestion here.

1 Like

I’d love to see crucible have one mode where you are totally stripped over everything and then build back up through rogue lite encounters, with a degree of meta progression too ofc

1. Speed run dungeon. Wake up in a coffin, make your way out of the catacombs as fast as you can. There are multiple enemies down there that, if they’re alive when you exit, give you a time penalty. These enemies should be recognizable, for example, a skeleton with a lantern - but the lantern is just a glowing hourglass on a handle. Or a ghost shaped like a floating head + torso with a pendulum swinging from it.

2. Rogue-like mini-game, where you can accumulate blessings to get stronger and/or curses that debuff you but increase your score.

3. Pretty much just Alliance Battles from Guild Wars 1.

4. Ultimate boss that if any player fights it and loses, the boss loses a level for the next player that tries - but if any player fights it and wins, the boss gains 10 levels.

5. Iron man mode, basically like number 2 but with a temporary character that starts at lvl 1 and without items, and you’d find loot too instead of just accumulating blessings/curses.

All of these add points for your account’s total score, and then add leaderboards to track both total scores and scores per event.

i feel like we’re way too early into early access (pun not intended) to discuss end game :sweat_smile:

End-Game is the backbone of any game. Basically, one should start with it and build down… There are many examples of games with really bad end-game. It’s a killer.

i agree with this, understand it and respect it. but we dont REALLY have an endgame yet. we have only played one fifth or even less of the game. i guess my argument is that we know so little of the final product that discussing end game right now would be like discussing about the billions of dollar you will have in 2070 when youre currently a hobo drinking trash beer.
too far of a vision dont you think? we barely have a clue what endgame will actually look like/ be like