Echo Knight is Too Tanky

As the title says, I like the changes to the Echo Knight, it seems like a slightly more manageable fight, but… He is extremely tanky. Even with a bunch of echos to boost damage and decrease damage taken, he takes way too long to kill, and his abilities still nearly one shot you.

I think his health needs to be nerfed a bit, especially if there are two phases, and you can die instantly after grinding through the fight to get his health down.

4 Likes

Whats your level? Because now people can get there as soon as they reach the town, i dont know if the crucible is level scaled now or not, but some guy got there at level 10, but since he used to fight the echo before he knew he was underleveled, that might be your case.

I beat him earlier using my old Ice Throw setup, but one thing that was key was the 15% Life-Steal Echo.

Because the Healing Aura spell takes 4 seconds to use, which is way too long for in-combat use; it should be 2-3s. And those focus nerfs really hurt; spending way too much time chugging potions.

I think they want the Crucible boss to not be so easy that it’s a mindless gear farm. And I get that.

Basically it seems the idea is that you upgrade both your character (exalted gear) and the crucible buffs (unique echos) in order to get stronger so it’s then doable but still a bit challenging with the RNG in the echoes.

It’s like beating the boss is a goal you progress toward through partial runs (collecting the green upgrade mats).

I get that you want to give him the opportunity to show his entire moveset before he dies, but tbh i think for lvl30 he is way too spongy.

I also have an electrical weapon and he can be stunned and staggered way too easily. so all i do right now is spam attack for 5 minutes… and if i couldn’t cheese him that way, the fight would take 10-15 minutes? thats way too much…

Does anybody else have a similar experience regarding either the sponge or the stun?

I just did the new crucible and got to him with my level 20 char, wasnt pretty hehehe, got him down to 60% health, problem here is the lack of loot inside the crucible, at least some form of reward after those levels since i got no materials to upgrade my sword or armor.
I think creating another realm would be the way to farm xp and materials maybe, someone said to create realms and upgrade just the material merchant, thats gotta get me some bear claws, gotta try that,
i cannot beat him until im 30, no way im gonna bash my head against that wall for half an hour hehehe.

He definitely seems to be easily stunned by electric and impossible to freeze now. In a prior build I could freeze him with a few spread shots from the ice staff and this time I hit him like 50+ times and he was dead before he ever froze.

1 Like

i also think that the jump of his mount shouldn’t instantly kill you, dodging that is super tricky. my guess is, that you have to run to the other side of the arena?

The most difficult part is when the second phase starts. The boss appears with an explosion which suddenly decreases my HP by half and also stuns me if I stand close to him. If the boss hits me in that moment, I die.

This seems just unfair. The explosion is very very big. I have to run across 2 screens to the farthest distance to prevent this deadly attack.

1 Like