Dual-Wielding Weapon Suggestions

To start, this is just a bunch of baseless suggestions for things I think it would be cool to have in the game. I’m sure there are plenty of new weapons and weapon types on the way, this is just a shortlist of ideas for dual-wielded weapons that I think would be cool, in addition to the current dual-wielded daggers. I think there’s just so much possibility there, especially for Uniques with interesting and dynamic moveset differences!

The simple stuff first, the ones I imagine are already planned are things like:
Dual Axes, Dual Swords, Dual Rapiers, etc etc. Two of one weapon, basically. If wands are planned: dual wands maybe? I’ve seen that guns aren’t planned at all, but I’d take being a spellslinger as a consolation prize if I can’t be a gunslinger, haha.

I’d also love to see some asymmetrical combinations with different movesets! Just some random ideas off the top of my head:

• Rapier and buckler, or rapier and dagger
  • Sword and axe/hammer
  • Sword and Staff (please let me Gandalf it up, oh please)
  • Katana and wakizashi (or katana and dagger, basically)
  • Spear and sword (for those banneret or Joan of Arc vibes!)
2 Likes

Yes to all of these. Gonna throw in mace and book for them priest/cleric vibes.

2 Likes

I hope we get more themed off-hands for sure! Books or magical orbs for mages and clerics, offhand daggers like a parrying dagger or swordbreaker, stuff like that. Shields are nice and all, but my poor little wizard wrists could never handle the shock!

1 Like

Yes! Don’t forget rapier pistol (or hand crossbow)

1 Like

I generally like that. Having access to two items would massively increase the customization options if done right.

possible problems:

• the game would need to differenciate where dmg comes from. Depending on how it is coded that might be a thing.
  • if the sidehand item is enchanted, its disadvantage from less runes is smaller
  • the composition of an animation might be tricky because X + dagger and X + axe would be quite different.
  • is the attack pattern ABABABA… or AABAABAAB, or totally free by doing sidehand attack only when sidehand acton is pressed (like shield push)
  • dual daggers would need to be split up
1 Like

To clear up what I mean a bit, this post is all based on the double weapons being one singular weapon, the same way it currently works in-game with those dual daggers you mentioned. I think this is a much more reasonable and realistic way for complex dual weapons to be added.

Though if Moon wanted to go to the trouble of making an entire dark souls 2-esque dual wielding system, I wouldn’t complain!

1 Like

Dual sword
Dual mace

2 Likes

anti-symmetrical dual wielding is actually a great idea didn’t even really consider it for some reason

1 Like

I’m all for mixing and matching. Always liked the idea of 2 Hatchets or 2 Small Hammers too.

I was theorizing this idea the other day. Now I’m sure it won’t hit a homerun for obvious reasons but I think there could be room for a Dual Revolver (close-range ball bullet) weapon that would require the player to stay within the range daggers do, but the idea being precision shots to the enemy to achieve proper damage due to the primitive bullet design. Rune abilities like the bow such as Ice Bullet or using Bow Runes like Cone Shot to unleash all bullets at once close-by or multi-shot or a slightly longer range of attack (lets say after a single dodge, range).

I’m not one to go ranged in games like this so I figure primitive Dual Single-shot Pistols or Dual Revolvers could open a window up for close-ranged ranged combat that doesn’t shy the game away from melee or close ranged combat.

1 Like

Absolutely YES to all of those!
Those would add such a rich combination of RP movesets!
id also add in the potential dual hand crossbow for that fantasy gunslinger style