We need Dual Swords, Axes and Maces, AKA Dual Wield

No, I don’t mean the daggers, we need full sized weapon in each hand. Potential for making the combos feel good and it will fit well for the game. I remember someone mention offhand slot, but to me it doesn’t really matter (albeit it would’ve been cooler alternative and a sort of 2ndary price for more power). Paired weapon item would work for me personally anyway, I’m not the picky type with dual Wielding

Since they are full sized weapons, they should fall under STR/DEX combo, with leeways towards magic. As for difference between the weapon types, I would say maces should be the slowest, axes in the middle and swords the fastest as paired weapons, although I will leave this to Devs. If it just ends up to be different animations only, that’s fine with me.

Personal preferences for dual Wielding:

Animations: instead of doing what some game do, where you attack with both simultaneously (like most, except for katanas, dual wielded weapons in Elden Ring do for example), instead have the attacks be alternating between hands, like a weaving of combos. I say this as a dual Wielding aficionado, attacking with alternating hands is far more satisfying than using simultaneous attacks.
It is the main reason why I play dual katanas instead of any paired weapon in Elden Ring, they feel much better and movesets are fulfilling… And tbh don’t look goofy. The pattern is fairly similar in other souls games with some exceptions, like Chikage from the Cinders mod for DS3, which ngl has some legit lit movesets, not to mention the stance (Really worth checking out as an example of good dual wield moveset). Modded Skyrim also has great animations if you know where to look… But yeah, if dual wield weapons are to be added, attacks with alternating hands is the best visually and with how they feel.

I won’t be writing another page as I don’t think there’s much more to add, but if Devs wish to know more I will gladly share more details… Or explain better if I was terrible :joy:

1 Like