Does pressing dodge not work sometimes or am I just bad :D

I’m really new to the game, about 3 hours in.

The major issue that I have is sometimes when I press dodge, it just doesn’t work, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or not, but it’s really frustrating.

I was recently playing Hades which had a faster combat, so this game seemed like a good challenge with how I need to time my attacks and how many I can get in before I need to dodge, but sometimes it feels like my inputs register more than I intended to.

For example, I get two hits in, and I panic and press dodge twice when in dodging animation or close to the end I press attack but what I get is another dodge that I didn’t intend to do.

And sometimes the dodge doesn’t happen at all, as mentioned above.

It’s really sucking the fun out of the game for me.

1 Like

If you are playing with mouse and keyboard, tapping spacebar triggers the dodge, whilst holding it and then releasing it doesn’t do anything. Maybe this is the issue?

what method of input are you using? I find that this issue occurs across most modern games, especially when I’m using my controller. If you are using a controller, try swapping out the cable you’re connecting to your pc with for a shorter one, or a newer one. Changing my cable has fixed a lot of issues for me in the past

I’m playing with mouse and keyboard.

As suggested by @RomoloHero it might indeed be that I’m expecting a dodge on key release since that’s what I’m used to from other games as well.

Also most cheap keyboards do not recognize it if you press more than 3 or 4 keys at the same time. It’s also going to matter which exact keys you are pressing as certain groups of keys are wired together physically.

The decent ones have a max of 6. “Gaming” branded keyboards are usually advertised as NKRO (n-key rollover) that allows unlimited simultaneous key press recognition. This has a good rundown of it in terms of how they impact games: https://landing.coolermaster.com/faq/nkro--n-key-rollover/

You could try checking yours at Online Key Rollover Test - Mechanical Keyboard and press the keys like you normally would.