Does anyone get good performance on a GPU with 8gb VRAM?

That is unusually slow rendering. I agree!
But I was showing you that I’m playing the same game on a generation older card RTX 3070 8GB with 10x better FPS. Definitely not the game’s fault. We have three known cases for very low FPS:

1. PCIe accidentally set to low number of lanes. Usually 4x. It needs to be 16x lanes, so any data uploaded to or downloaded from GPU are not stalling rendering. Ideally use free programs like CPUID and check the number:

2. DRAM frequency is low and/or DRAM modules are not plugged correctly (or not the same size/timings), so dual channel mode can’t be used.
    The frequency can be verified in the CPUID:
    The correct utilization of dual channel is described in your motherboard manual and it could be counter intuitive. For example in my case, I have 4 slots for DRAM and I want to use just 2, so their correct slots are 2 and 4, instead of 1 and 2 how I would expect. Slot usage can be verified in the CPUID:
    There you can also read the best timing available for each module and verify it’s the one in use for the previous check.

3. Exclusive Fullscreen is sometimes much slower than Fullscreen Window mode. Please try both in the game and compare FPS.

Some of these issues couldn’t be visible in other games if they are uploading to GPU once and never read back or silently always use a borderless window with no support of a true Exclusive Fullscreen.
Please let me know if any of this helps.