Cerim's Crucible Too Long Until Boss

I’ve beaten the boss on five characters, it’s not about skill, it’s about random targeting loss. This was more about that then the design of the crucible. I don’t like that I must go through boring floors on my mage one shotting stuff, just to get to the enjoyable boss fight (as long as the targeting system doesn’t randomly lose the boss). After a while, The floors feel more like a mandated grind rather than an enjoyable experience.

I enjoy it for a bit on each new character, then it gets stale, yet the boss fight is always a good time.

More bosses, less grind rooms. It would be cool if we could fight more of the story bosses in the current endgame, just scaled up, hard versions of them, as the current bounty bosses are super easy and they are only once per week.

The boss fights honestly are the only thing that keeps the current system alive, giving us the ability to go out and fight hard versions of the bosses would be amazing.

As of right now, the only thing keeping me entertained is making new characters for new builds and play styles. Once I hit close to cap and kill the boss, the crucible gets incredibly easy. And the open world mobs at cap are child’s play.

Scale up the open world for Max lvl, and add some more challenging boss fights, even if it is reiterated versions of the old bosses, out there for Max level and the open world would be much more risky and fun for capped characters.

My max lvl characters are so powerful, its not fun to play any of the content on them, so they just sit there.

I know it’s early access, just my thoughts on things they could do to make the current content last longer on a character than just hitting 30 and then sitting there as a grinnich shop manager.

I hope that they will remove Crucible from the full version. It’s so annoying/boring to get through all mini arenas over and over again.

now this is a horrible take dissing on an entire genre of gaming lol. It’s an endgame OPTIONAL dungeon for farming rare weapons specifically how about you try to approach it on its terms instead of just thinking negatively?

1 Like

This is literally the experience of any rogue-like game, such as Hades.

It’s another genre that they’ve fit into their hybrid game.

I’m not going to comment on whether I personally like this mechanism, but I believe it’s the intended game design of the Crucible.

I doubt they will change this aspect of the Crucible.

On the other hand, when they add more content, I do see the possibility of some of that content being endgame related. You might never be able to fight the Echo Knight directly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re able to fight something else directly.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, i like the game. Yes, now i know that it’s a optional content. :+1:

Chill out, dude! I’m not thinking negatively.
Everybody has the right to an opinion.
Have a great day!

You gave your opinion, they gave theirs, then you tell them to chill out and everyone is entitled to their opinion, which clearly you then had a problem with.
What even is that logic.
Sounds like you just wanted people to agree with you, not how opinions work.

1 Like

Just put a whisper outside the boss room for the love of you know what! I’m tired of running the same rooms over and over just to get to the boss. It’s mind numbing. Once I beat him then make me do it again!

i honestly like this roque like dungeon. but i also agree, that it can be frustrating.

since we are in the early early stages of the game, i assume a lot will change with the endgame content. we can already see more blood altars up the stairs in the masonry. so it is save to assume, there will be more maps and bosses following.

maybe they will find a compromise, keep rouge like mechanic, but increase variety of maps and adjust the number of “rooms” one has to go to while doing a run.

For example, echo night being the first altar, so make him have 4 rooms, then boss. Then make the next altar more difficult, with 6 room until the boss etc. (random numbers btw, i am no balancing expert after all :slight_smile: )

The problem with this argument is you make it sound like everything you do is to get to the boss with no rewards beforehand but those 7 rooms still contain chests and have massive drops from enemies. You can still get hella rare enchanted T3 weapons & armor from it that I’ve never found in the overworld.

1 Like

I think that many people just want to have a go at the boss and the most important thing in that respect is practice. The crucible itself is kind of annoying and gets boring having it do it over and over for a single shot. Worse still when you die because of some innocuous reason like falling off a ledge.

The rewards from the crucible are pretty good in the beginning. But after a while you just same gear over and over and it all gets sold anyway. The crucible feels like padding.

Please, please, please stick a whisper in front of the boss gate and if we win then make us run the crucible again to get another shot.

Unsure if it’s been said. I think a good fix would be increase the floors to ten, and provide a save fire on floor five, allowing you to have a check point but still have a bit of a punishment. And if you leave that closed out the Crucible so you have to make sure you have what items you think you will need keeping up a bit of thought before going into a crucible.

That I think is a good compromise but maybe change the numbers a little bit because you’d need dozens of rooms per Tier of the crucible to prevent burnout

I didn’t see this until now and sure that’s true but here’s the thing those people also just wouldn’t like the entire genre of roguelikes if they just want to boss rush. And the crucible is designed to be a roguelike & an optional one at that.

Disagree, I’ve beaten Crucible a solid 30+ times now but can see a checkpoint system would only ever improve it, especially if they plan on expanding it.

The game isnt Hardcore yet they added a soft Hardcore mode to the endgame, doesnt fit.

The idea that people will quit when they win only applies to a bad system or bad game, just look at Elden Ring for an example that kills that argument.

i think a checkpoint invalidates the whole roguelike/roguelite idea of the crucible.

when playing dead cells you do not get a checkpoint if you die before the boss, same goes for hades and all the other very popular games of that genre.

and the crucible being optional adds to that point as well. i honestly think its is a great idea to have a story arpg with all its loot and combat mechanics, and integrate an optional ingame content with roguelike elements. its a genius way to not limit the game to one specific genre, but blend the best of all worlds.

not having a checkpoint may be frustrating, i admit that, but it also motivates to grind it again and again, looting awesome gear on the way and getting better to finally beat the boss. it fits the games general tone to overcome challenges and obstacles and get stronger and better with each try.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I’ve only played the crucible a handful of times because it wasn’t my scene.

Isn’t a core part of roguelikes/lites the fact that your build varies from run to run, thus changing your playstyle; thus reducing the tedium of re-playing the same(y) content.

yes, and i can’t find the post/tweet right now, but as far as i know it is planned that you pick up a perk on or after each floor to help you on the way to the boss. that’s just not there yet.

2 Likes