A suggestion for progression on the gathering side of NRFTW

What about giving us the ability to pay some of sacraments brave citizens to gather a small amount of random crafting mats for us each week, we could even upgrade them to have a higher chance of finding higher tier items. Not looking to get rid of gathering but would be nice to feel some sort of progression in that area. They could even be kidnapped by the current bounty mobs available to you from time to time, you would need to do the bounty or lose the mats?

Love the game and grateful for all of your guys work in creating it. Shim

1 Like

Perhaps you could hire townsfolk and pay them ‘x’ per day/week to gather a crafting item (which you could change) and is only available in areas where you defeated the boss. In theory there could be multiple townsfolk made available as you progress.

There would be a 6-item (would have to be fairly small) shared chest within the town for each realm (after passing a certain point) that would contain the controls to manage it. Once it fills, the townsfolk (and payments) stop until a player logs in and empties the chest.

Agreed that the current limitation on stacks creates unfun busy-work that doesn’t really add anything - an increase would help.

The reason I mentioned the limitation of the ‘gathering chest’ is that I pictured it working while outside the game and a player simply waiting a few weeks to come back to 999 of each resource is pretty lame. But if they only gather while the player is actively playing, then the limitations wouldn’t be needed (however players would figure out ways to game the system, so implementation wouldn’t be as easy as it seems).

Perhaps they gather for 1 day at a time (real time or game) with the player manually paying X each time they want to start a new gathering cycle. Removes a bit of the automation but relieves most of the above mentioned issues.

I thought this too it would be amazing for immersion if you could get NPCs to participate in helping you rebuild the town even if it’s just such a basic thing.