Teleport between the whispers

It would be nice if you could teleport between all the whispers, as it’s a bit annoying that to do a hunt you have to walk all over the map, it takes you longer to get to the place than to do the hunt.
Thank you.

1 Like

I strongly agree with this.
Teleport every whisper should come.

With shortcuts unlocked you can run anywhere in a min. All teleport does is skips content for you.

1 Like

I kinda enjoy running there and just seeing that part of the island again. It’s probably been at least a few days since I’ve last seen it.

However, what I don’t enjoy is dying and having to walk all the way from Sacrament again five minutes later, because I couldn’t activate any whispers on the way, because I didn’t want to lose the fast travel point I’d picked.

Maybe a compromise? The current system uses 2 nodes. One is always Sacrament, the other is whichever whisper you last touched.
Would be nice if the first node could be set to any city (I assume I’ll be finding more cities) and the second node could just be a “set as travel point” option on a whisper and it wouldn’t automatically change just because you’d touched another whisper.

Running over the same map and ignoring everything in your way is not “content”

Also, even if teleporting is possible, no one stops you from walking around.

Why do people always want to force their own preferences on others?
This is a quality of life feature, and if you ignore it it affects you not at all.

Just like the “you dont need to uselessly run around in the city to craft” feature we got recently. And that is a massive improvement. Thanks btw :wink:

At the very least I think every area should have one fast travel point so you don’t have to run through Sacrament every time you want to go to the opposite side of the map. It’s just tedious in a game that expects you to go back and forth to previously explored zones and grind for resources this much. This also seems like an issue that will get worse as new content comes out that expands the map.

Devs already commented regarding that topic, if someone is interested in the design philosophy:

the whole point of running between areas is so you’re looting & farming while you do it. Add a teleport-to-any-whisper function and people start grinding instead of doing everything organically it’s no longer a gameplay LOOP. It’s no different than BOTW where you pick up resources as you travel between zones.

my solution would be to have one single “waypoint” whisper near the centre of each biome. When you fast travel to thier it becomes the respawn point. This provides limited fast travel and solves the problem of forgotting to activate whispers sending you back to town.

Thats already how it is and theres even more whispers in a single area, the murder hobos and munchkins that came here from D4 just want fast ways to kill everything and move on, i say no to this, if they make this some shortcuts will loose their meaning.

You should really take your time to write the full name. I have absolutely no idea what that acronym stands for and i am totally too lazy to google it.

How exactly would you grind in that case here? The resources dont respawn instantly, so if you want to farm you need to move a little in one area. And then how is it different to now. E.g: I am in region A and want to upgrade weapon B. But I specifically need like 5 of tree C which does not exist in A. So I rush to region D, where i know are a few, ignore everyone on the way and farm there, do a suicide and rush back to A… profit. With teleports, you would only skip the running and rushing past weak enemies part, i.e skip wasted time.

But the most important part… again
You are not affected by quality of life features that you do not use!
If you want to walk, do it. If the world is interesting enough (what it definitively is), do it. Why do you want to force your playstyle on others! Or do you not want others to be able to do it because you do not trust youself to not use it aswell?

Edit:

This would be perfect imho.

Breath of the Wild. Ya know? One of the most prominent games of the last decade?

Too lazy to Google 4 letters is crazy

1 Like

FYI. IMNSHO, IDC. TBH TLA are BS. HTH, EOM :wink: