Talants tree to go with the current stats & Weapons mechanic suggestion

Hi wicked team!

My feedback and suggestions on the subject come after full exploration and completion of the currently available content of the game.

I do like the idea of choices we make as the player having some weight behind our character in the game.

My suggestion & idea - Why not add a weapons specialization talant tree, where the player has a limited number of points to spend and picks different weapons from the tree. For example to be able to equip two handed swords or all two handed weapons you put a point in and once you do that slot tells you what stats will those weapons benefit from for example strenght, this way the players then know exactly what stats to level up for the weapons they want to use.

This tree can also open up many class options, like for example being able to duel wield one handed weapons. How this will work is, it will allow a one handed sword or other one handed weapons to be equipped in the shield/torch slot. When this happens each one handed weapon loses it’s 3rd & 4th rune slot like when you enchant them. This way with the 2 one handed weapons you still get 4 runes in total…The team can create generic animations for the way the basic attacks would go for each option under that dual wield category. For example with x2 one handed axes the player does 3 attack with slower hits the. Like right axe hit, left axe hit and the 3rd hit is with both and can be a charged attack.

For swords it can be 4 attacks that are much faster, these are all just examples ofc. and so on, I’m sure the team has some amazingly talanted people who can create really cool designs for all the options.

Each weapon class would have it’s own talant point in the specialization tree and our choices as player would matter towards our builds and play style as you won’t be able to pick them all…

However at the same time it would create some really interesting builds and classes. Another exmaple of how the stats would come in to play. So for example if I pick any of these weapons all of them will scale with dexterity for extra dmg. Bow, daggers, spear, but all the two handed weapons would be strenght, while the rest of the one handed weapons can be a mix of stats. For example, One handed axes talant will show you that they scale with both strenght and dexterity. One handed maces can be strenght and faith and so on etc.

Lets say for the sake of the example I am limited to only choose 5 weapons from the talant tree at which point you get to the last section of the talant tree and you can only spend 1 more point towards the last option from 5 available which could be something like a special bonus or effect the character gets. For example one could be (player takes longer to stagger) or (player builds focus faster with basic attacks) again these are just examples.

The team at wicked can come up with the rest of it.

Ofc if this post gets upvoted and a lot of interest I can come back and come up with a full written idea for it all :slight_smile:

Otherwise the game seems great and looking forward to more updates and areas to explore. However I do think the current stats requirements for certain weapons need a rebalance or adjustment. Hence why I created this which I think would solve a lot of the stats to weapon issues at the moment and people will have more driven choices. Instead of being stuck at only using a certain weapon because of the stats they choose…

Best wishes for the devs!