Runewords and Crafting

I do not know if anything similar was planned in the development of the game but here goes.

Runewords/Gems Patterns
I’d like to see a system where socketing gems in a specific order would trigger maybe a fifth enchantment or simply boost the effects of the gems themselves depending of the order they were socketed in.

Right now it feels to me that the only reason you would want white gear is so you can enchant it. Any bonus you would get from socketing a gem, you can get through enchanting with higher stats.

This pretty much makes having four gems socket in anything worthless as some bonuses are lower and some gems don’t seem to stack with each other.
I understand you’re losing on runes slots as well, but they are mostly useful for staves as most melee character will rely on 1 or 2 runes at most.

Another option would be to use the gems as a crafting recipes for unique/legendary items. Allowing another options to acquire those without waiting for the weekly bounties. (I expect more bosses to appear in the game the further development goes so this is mostly relevant for EA)

Crafting
I would suggest adding optional material in the crafting process. Something that would impact the result by either making it a Rare or Cursed items with 1 targeted bonus (based on the materials added) and a maximum of 2-3 enchantments per item instead of 4.

This would keep enchanting, as it currently is, relevant because of the extra enchants you can get per items while also providing a way for players to keep some form to their gear and build while leveling and attempting endgame.

Also, keeping the curse completely random would provide some form of sink for materials and a farming loop because the players might not be happy with the end result and might want to try crafting it again.

1 Like

I was going make a separate post, and I may still eventually, but this one is close enough to my suggestion/feedback that I’ll attempt to piggy back off of it for now. I feel what is said here already, on top of my random thoughts below, could result in a lot more community involvement/engagement, theory crafting, etc.

Runewords: Putting multiple Runes (skills) together, in a particular order to have multiple different varying results. Additional Enhancement, Boosting Effects, Changing Effects, Creating Brand New Effects, etc.

Gem Patterns/Combinations/Expansion: Putting multiple gems together can lead to other varying effects. Maybe create a new NPC (Geologist or something) that helps with this system. Put in some quests that allow for other types of veins to be recognized and the ability to start finding other things like, opal, tigers eye, etc.

“Horadric Cube” Rune+ Crafting: This could be maybe something done for more end game(?), but allow for say the combination of 2+ runes (and maybe even other materials) to result in a new rune, undiscoverable directly on a weapon, or a rune that is a super rare/build defining “skill.” This of course can be expanded to materials + weapons to create new weapons.

I’m unsure of what type of “economy” the team is looking to create/have, if one at all. They may want to keep that part as simple and flat as can be, and allow it to rely solely on item for item trading, or if currency (gold/silver/bronze coins) can be utilized as part of a trade. The issue with developing an economy, is that there will be bots, RMT, potential scamming, higher focus on those scammers and others to find ways to dupe/find vulnerabilities to take advantage of to benefit them, etc.

Well that’s it for now. Thanks all for your time and I hope this topic may garner some others involvement/traction! Enjoy your gaming!

Just from reading through this I realized, if nothing else, a new gem, increasing effects of other socketed gems, is at least in order.

But would totally agree infusing system for basic gear needs improvements. Was attempting to run white plate chest piece with armor, less weight, hp and focus for a while, but eventually just gave up cause armor/weight are two main culprits on that one and you can get so much more out of plague enchantment.

1 Like

I just feel like there’s so much potential, since there aren’t specific classes in this game, to allow for customized builds through the runes/gems/words/etc.