Reset progress are coming

I didn’t think they would reset the saves… but unfortunately after the post published on Twitter they confirmed the news.
now I wonder, after all the hours spent between farms and tests… what will be the rewards that will be given to those who participated in early access? I want to know your thoughts

2 Likes

The game is in early access. What did you expect?

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea there are possibility of preserving the progress. My thought is defaulted to progress reset once the game reach 1.0

What happens if they rework the system? What happens if they insert an additional content between the story that has passed? Progress reset is the most possible solution, but I do think there could be reward for EA players. We got Cerim Armor, so that could be it. Or other things, I don’t know.

3 Likes

maybe their give us something for all hour spend?

Maybe they will when we get closer to the end of Early Access. We have to wait and see!

1 Like

Can you please link to the tweet made by the dev about this progress reset?

Give you what? This isn’t a subscription game.

u do the beta tester for free XD maybe their give u something?

Prob referring to this –

2 Likes

actually, I’ve seen on Steam that we would have access to the Cerim armor, nothing super fancy but I think it’s a cool armor :joy:

1 Like

exactly thx for post

ahh this thing that doesn’t work after being upgraded

And so what ? What do you want ? A medal ?

Man, that’s a game, it’s meant to be played that’s all.

See, I didn’t even know how to get the armor, I’ve played like 44 hours without knowing I’d have something that non EA players won’t. You got a cool looking armor, maybe it doesn’t work at the moment and so what ? My life won’t change and your should not be affected because of that.

Just do what a game is made for : to be played with, enjoy your time and if not, just leave the game, find an other one and have fun, that’s just a game

I fully expect them to wipe the save files, haven’t played an EA game that didn’t wipe when going 1.0

I’m really surprised to see so many players think this wasn’t going to happen.

3 Likes

Last Epoch didn’t wipe anything after a year of EA. This is only one of many examples of companies that don’t play with the time of people that supports them from the very first day.

1 Like

When you have the files saved on the client side. Higher chance to be a wipe than those that are server based. Better example would be BG3.

Yeah sure, some wipe, some doesn’t and ? Yeah you’ll loose your character but not what you’ve learn, you’ll make it back in no time, those are just pixels in the end.

If you both feel like you’ve wasted your time, just find an other game and come back when it’s 1.0 or even older.
You baught an EA version of the game, what did you expected ? To have a golden plate with your name on it ?

A game is made to be played, that’s all. If you don’t enjoy a game, that your right, that’s your tastes and that’s a good thing that we don’t all have the same tastes.

2 Likes

I’d probably start from scratch any ways at 1.0 release. I usually delete my Diablo characters after awhile when new seasons come out.

Usually these types of games starting out and trying different builds are more fun to me then the end game grinds.

But you’re valid to be upset for sure

1 Like

don’t be mad guys, is just a question and a topic for talk XD

A game in early access that’s pretty much in an Alpha stage with no progress reset ? I don’t think that’s going to happen even in a perfect world.
This is very very early stage of the game and i expect every major update to reset characters / houses/ realms.
It is absolutely normal and it’s part of the early access.

If you buy a product that has not gone gold you should be expect for things to change, progress to be wiped etc. With how things are there are going to be serious changes to balance, itemisation , character development that is simply going to be too OP or too Weak or just incompatible with future updates.

By opt in a early access project you are basically a tester.

Progress wipes are part of it .

1 Like