Reset progress are coming

I usually do this as well.

Fresh start to see what’s new and what has changed. Use EA to see what you like and then have your main playthrough be what you liked the most.

Is that necessary the toxicity in your reply? Can’t you reply without being agressive and respect the fact that not all the people think like you, please?

Resetting isn’t something I have problems with. In general I tend to start new characters quite often across games, so I don’t exactly feel your pain, and looking at the rest of your post, it feels like you’re complaining about buying an early access game, and having early access things happen. I’m not happy about losing my gear either, but I’ll have fun getting new gear too, having learned a lot. Saying you feel like an unpaid QA tester after so many hours of enjoyment sounds like you got wrapped up in your own expectations. To then go on a rant about them not being certain about the reset and giving hard answers when the issue is likely a multi-faceted problem they are actively working on and through for their early acces and currently in development game that had that big disclaimer front and center when you bought it is just disingenuous.

1 Like

I mean, making major sweeping updates to the game can sometimes require a wipe. This is Early Access and I went into it knowing full well that any and all progress made in Early Access could potentially be wiped and I accepted the risk. Right now I’m just using Early acceess to provide my feedback and testing what I may want to play when 1.0 releases.

Hmmm ok, you lost me there man. There’s nothing toxic in my answer, you can read it with the tone you want by the way.
Remember, we’re not all english speaking, I’m french for example so we definitely don’t have the same way to speak. That’s not because you read something that you find “toxic” or “aggressiv” that it is.

My answer was far from agressive. Just pointing out that a game is just pixels, that EA “rules” were define before they baught the game, at least on Steam. So if getting their character wiped after a patch or a massive update before 1.0 isn’t something they’re ok with, they should probably look for an other game while this one is on EA. that’s all, nothing agressive nor toxic.

And to be honest, the only one there who’s not ok with people not having the same point of view is you :

• 1rst answer : you’re not ok with yourcharacter being wiped and saying Moon Studio is wasting your time,
  • 2nd answer : I’m toxic because I point facts that are not in your way.

You’re just hidding being a false toxicity because you can’t accept that you both think you get fooled by paying for an EA game while you knew the rules at the begining, that’s obviously your right to think what you want, but can’t accept I do accept that fact and I don’t blame Moon Studio like you do.

If they wipe, that’s fine. I won’t be playing again until release because there’s no guarantee it won’t happen yet AGAIN prior to release. It’s that kind of cycle where I feel like a unpaid tester. Heck, someone who PAID to test. That’s where the cycle of abuse ends for me.

1 Like

Well that’s probably the best way to do, since you allready own the game you’d just have to wait a bit :smile:

1 Like

Well there is no award. We are mice for their experiment. That’s it. I feel very sad that this will be wiped out. I mean this is a game that you need spend time to farm for resources, gears. Wiping it just makes EA players a group of fools. Stop playing now…

Totally agree. That is the word unpaid testers. I stopped playing and good luck with those testers that are still giving feedbacks

I find your reply being toxic as well. And I don’t think you can play the trick of blaming it to being a non-native English speaker. In fact, your English is very good.

You baught an EA version of the game, what did you expected ? To have a golden plate with your name on it ?

Just read this sentence in your reply again. Why would you need to add sarcasm in your reply? Is this how you talk to people everyday? Or maybe French talks in this way and calling it “far from aggressive”. But generally, living on earth in 2024, what you do should be considered as aggressive for most people in my opinion.

2 Likes

Perhaps some foundational feature changes they’ll release in the future might conflict with the old archives, leading to unmanageable issues, in this case wipe is acceptable for me. Just give me Cerim Armor back.

1 Like

I must be way too old, back in my day we played games for fun. Not because we thought they’d give us a reward.

1 Like

It might be a good idea to stop playing the game until the production team releases 1.0

Paid tester’s create detailed logs of functions that work and which don’t with in depth analysis. Looking at the number of people playing, and the amount of bug reports, feedback on forums etc. The majority isn’t doing that.

Partaking in EA is what you make of it and you chose how to be involved.

I make various detailed posts, report bugs and participate in discussions on the forums. I don’t feel like an unpaid tester, I chose my level of engagement. I knew what I signed up for by informing myself through various sources. It’s like a vegan going to an all-meat restaurant with a massive sign out front which states they specialize in meat; and then complaining about there being no meat free options on the menu. Hope this illustrates my point.

I associate EA with my progress being wiped. I am fine to start anew, maybe others don’t. That is fine. The crux of the matter is game save compatibility. Some saves are not compatible with later versions of the game and will break your game and crash if you load them.

I find those words very distasteful. Comparing abuse to an EA wipe, come on man. You can use other words to express yourself.

I didn’t find @Blanche-Neige his response toxic at all. But making the assumption that he tries to hide his supposed ‘‘toxicity’’ by playing the non-native English speaker card; that I do find a very toxic assumption.

Various expressions, combinations of words bear different meaning and intonation in people’s native tongues than they do in English.

I can interpret this in a non-offensive and offensive way, at the end of the day I make that choice. Whether or not you intended for it is a different story. I don’t think you intended for this to sound offensive. But that is one of the issues I have with modern society. Rather than trying to understand another person and giving people the benefit of the doubt like I am doing with you. People rush to conclusions.

I think if sarcasm is synonymous with aggression then we are straying from the right path as a society and our future looks very bleak with more limitations to freedom of speech.

Edits: spelling

1 Like

I have no issue with EA save being wiped when 1.0 is released. But It’s the producer’s responsibility to inform EA player about the wipe. So players can better decide what to do with their time in EA test.
Like if I knew there would be a wipe when 1.0 comes. I would still put 60 hrs in the game cause it’s fun and good quality. but rather than framing for materials, and doing dailies to unlock more craftings, I would just create more characters to try different builds and weapons.

3 Likes