Itemization feedback

I agree with a lot here, I’ll unpack things as you have listed them; excluding point 5.

1. Zero Excitement Due to Equal Item Qualities

I only get excited if I find a white piece of equipment that I am actively farming for aesthetic reasons. Blue, gear gets sold since the enchantments are too random to matter; same with purple gear. And legendaries seem like niche items that require a build around them. They don’t feel like plug and play weapons, but rather weapons used on a second playthrough.

It is EA, so I imagine enchanting get’s expended upon. Maybe blue and purple gear can be disenchanted for enchanting components. Maybe we can remove affixes from gear. The blue and purple gear’s affixes are too random to be relevant as viable armor items.

Enchanting needs to be expanded upon in a way that blue and purple gear become relevant.

2. Lack of Progression System

We are getting a talent tree!

Also I wouldn’t want T2 plate to be 100% better then T1 plate upgraded to T2 plate. I use my armor for aesthetic reasons and would like them to be viable to the end of the game. Else everyone would end up with similar end game armor per armor type.

3. Weak Unique Items

I would like the option to change runes on legendaries for sure. Some just feel really bad.

Additionally I would like to have legendary rings and armor as well. And that an item being legendary simply implies that it has a unique affix or something. Some game changing affix like fiery explosions on charged attacks. And, then we can swap this out to our preferred weapon or something.

4. Weak Purple Items

Some negative affixes are really unplayable that I even wonder why they are in the game. Some of the enchants purple gear can get are quite good though, but, emphasis on can. Maybe purple gear can have higher affix values.

TLDR

Add more depth to enchanting so blue, purple and yellow gear matter more. There is too much randomization with too little customization.

Here is my topic on how I would like to see it:

Enchanting Reworked, Vampire Survivors Inspired Enchanting

1 Like