House and Item Management

I bought the house next to the graveyard because it had been added in one of the patches. In addition, it was a cheap option for my character at the time. Now that I have more silver I plan to upgrade. However, I have been hesitant to do so because I will have to transfer all of the items from my loot chests in my current house, over to the new house manually.

It would be great if we had the ability to transfer from chest to chest and house to house simultaneously. For example, If I have a small chest in house #1, and a small chest in house #2, it would be nice to somehow auto transfer between chests. If you take it a step further and allow us to Title our loot chests that would help with transfers as well.

You could also just allow us to pick up chests in any house and move them straight over to other homes. This would work great if items stay in that chest until placed in another home, don’t auto pull items back into inventory. Maybe just grab the chest (with current items inside) and place the chest in your other home. Upon placing the chest the items remain the same way they were when you picked it up.

I realize that items from chests that are in your home are available to use for crafting, so some might say it doesn’t matter what home they’re in because they’re all available to you. I get that, but this is just my suggestion being a little OCD and not having random things in random homes all over. An option to have everything nice and clean or tidy.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that you can’t just pick up a chest to move it somewhere else—while keeping everything inside it. I agree this would make it easier. And I assume if it had things inside it, you wouldn’t be able to sell it.

I did notice something interesting, however. You can put a chest inside another chest. This gave me some Divinity: Original Sin 2 vibes. Unlike that game, I hope that if we end up being able to move chests with content, they don’t allow an infinite regression of full chests put inside other full chests …

I’d also like to be able to move and rotate chests (and other furniture) I’ve already placed without having to pick them up and place them again from scratch.

2 Likes

Would be fun if, upon choosing to transfer a chest from one house to another, some guy from town runs in and picks it up to run it over for a nominal fee.

But I’d settle for simply being able to move chests without everything falling out.

1 Like

Make the prisoners run the chest. 1 percent chance for them to steal weapons and armor from your chest and fight you in your home lol.

1 Like

a bit off topic, but have u ever moved? If yes, did you move your book shelves with all books in them, or did u take the books out and moved them seperately?

all jokes aside tho, i think there is also a bug related to housings. people reported not being able to interact with chests in their “old home” when buying a new one. This means when u buy a new house you should clear out the old one before hand, which is basically impossible with the current inventory system.

So as long as this bug is not adressed, i recommend saving up for a larger house right from the start. glad i did, otherwise i would have lost a ton of crafting mats.

1 Like