Holy Damage as Elemental Damage Type

We already have Plague damage, would it be an idea to have Holy damage as it’s counterpart?

I’m not sure how lore accurate this would be, but it would be cool for Cleric, Priest, Paladin builds etc.

Maybe this is already planned as an unlock at some point in the story.

1 Like

What would its effect be? Each of the existing elements have an effect, although I can’t tell the difference between Fire and Plague…

1 Like

It almost seems like the arnt any real arch types other then dex having bows and int having staffs. You can almost use every weapon with any stat.

I like that idea for holy damage being a faith type skill

I made a post about this if you want to look at more ideas I have

Maybe a stacking Condemn/Smite effect.

It’d prefer it to have some kind of interaction rather than an additive increase to damage; whilst remaining a passive like the other elemental effects.

Stacking enough Cold damage leads to the Frozen status I believe. So maybe something similar to this. If you apply enough Holy damage on an enemy they are Condemned and explode in light triggering AOE damage or something.

Yeah, and in my opinion there is also some cognitive dissonance between some weapons and their visuals.

See this post, warning it’s lengthy :joy:

A Test to see if Weapon Visuals and their Stat Scaling match your expectations

Inherently I agree, but that does mean it’s restrictive which I don’t like I’m conflicted on this but lean towards massive freedom.

I 100% believe that Holy must be something they are considering and know it is what people are going to want. Especially since the story themes are so heavily interconnected with a church and religion. This is an ARPG staple.

I do think we have to keep talking about it, because I thought this way about Diablo IV and look at what we got… no Paladin or anything similar in sight.

Exactly. I’m also hoping it also becomes something that we can actively pursue. Like choosing our own deity, making an offering. I mean there already is a church in Sacrament.

I know there are these little shrines with 4 statues which I assume are the deities.

I have full faith though that whatever Moon is cooking. It’s gonna be good. Especially when I see Thomas’ tweets, developer interviews and how fast hotfixes are rolling out :joy:

Idk , I’m not convinced. Why do you feel the need copy things from other games ? Every single RPG game has some light/blinding magic +dmg against darkness bla bla bla. Aren’t you tired of it ?
This game is great because it feels fresh and unique and has it’s own lore.
I don’t want it to copy from failed franchise of diablo.

This is generally how progress works, people build upon each others idea’s and if they are good they are good. Look at the automotive industry in 1886 when Benz created the first automobile, Daimler then created one 4 years later. Then Chrysler, Porsche and others joined and everyone added something unique. One added more Horse Power by changing the way combustion worked. Other’s focused on class and style, Ford focused on accessibility. They used the same parts, wheels, engine etc. but innovated different elements.

It’s the same with academic papers in university, we all build upon knowledge from other researchers. We cite them in our own work to further solidify our claims and theory. Just like games build upon existing systems that have proven themselves over time. Like a QOL inventory system, weapon variety, stats, etc.

My point being you build upon existing systems and add some innovation to it to further the knowledge/genre. The way it was explained to me in university was that you need to look at it like building a wall; or even Jenga. The goal is to go as high as possible, innovation, without tumbling the wall. And the pieces that remain standing are the pieces at the bottom. They are the foundation of what makes theories or video games work. I think Holy damage is one of such foundations.

I think the innovative part of Wicked lies in it’s creative freedom to express yourself and create whatever class you want. Adding Holy damage furthers my fantasy roleplaying component with regards to Paladins and Clerics. They are by far my favorite classes. Holy damage adds to my immersion and enjoyment.

I can also flip it around and say Fire, Ice, Lightning all exist as current elements in other games so they shouldn’t exist. That limits people who want to play as Wizards, Pyromancers, Frost Hags etc.

However, I do think it only should be added if it is lore accurate. So I agree with you on that part.

Bit of a lengthy post, but I hope I have explained my POV sufficiently.

Edit: spelling

3 Likes