Game is unplayable

After Hotfix 6 the game is just unplayable.
Constant crashes, performance issues for every single settings I try to input.
My PC has zero problems, running i9+4080.

Any help?

Sadly there isn’t much you can do except lower your graphics settings. Also dump your specs in this thread.

Windows 11 Pro
Z790 Steel Legend
i9 13900k
NVidia RTX 4080
2x 1tb corsair mp600 pro xt

Drivers all up to date, runned game file integrity (Steam)
PC is usually flawless in every game, temperatures are great.

The game takes ages to launch, sometimes it’s a black screen with stuttering sound.
If it doesn’t crash there, I can only play (with random crashes) until you have to climb the ropes after the boat attack. So… 3/5minutes in?
No error messages/popups just an alt+f4 type of crash…

I meant share them in the thread I linked :sweat_smile:

Done, thanks.
I bought a key, should’ve bought it normally and ask for a refund.

Have faith. I truly am confident in the dev’s… just share your criticism where you can and let’s help shape this game.

I don’t have any faith in any game dev, I’m sorry. I mean I tried, even now.
And this is the result: “Give us money first, and if you can’t play lol too bad.”

I’m ok to play EA even with bugs and save wipes, but if I pay 30+ and can’t even play for more than 5minutes because of constant crashes, no error messages that would at least help me pinpoint where the problem is… well… what’s the point?

Lesson learned: Buy on steam and ask refund.

Patch 7 is coming soon. Maybe wait till then, could potentially be an improvement for you when that patch rolls out.

What if it doesn’t solve anything?
Where are crash messages? Where are crash dumps?

I just paid 30 bucks for nothing.

This is the downside of PC gaming, due to everyone’s PC components everyone’s technical experience is gonna be different from the rest.

No this is the downside of costantly apologizing this behaviours.
You can’t release an EA without crash logs.
It’s almost comical.

Dude, I ain’t being apologetic for the poor performance but sadly your in a situation where you can’t exactly do anything.

As I said, sit tight and let the dev’s do there thing. They are committed to polishing the game, this is exactly why it’s in EA.

I can’t do nothing because they’re not providing the basic tools for me to do something. In an EA, which is basically what this was made for.

Ofc I’ll sit tight, as you said, I can’t do anything. And if they can’t fix it (cus I don’t see any of them addressing anything, just other players doing their job for free) well… I’ll say bb to 30bucks.

Cool, I guess.

You provided your specs. you have done something, but now, you can’t do anything until they address more performance issues… which with every patch they try to fix the performance.

I don’t wanna repeat myself too much but… with no crash logs I don’t even know if it’s a performance issue. Could be anything, even something that create conflicts driver wise, prog wise. Who knows. :sweat_smile:

Patch 5 introduced alot of instability:

So as I said, there isn’t much you can do at the moment, but let’s hope that the issues are addressed.

That’s the third topics I see with people complaining about the game. I just can’t understand how this is possible, I mean when you baught the game didn’t you see the “Early Access” on it ?

Why do people buy an EA game and expect it to be fully polished ? I mean you spent 30 on a game in the end. If you buy a completly finished game for 30 or an EA game for 30, you still have paid 30 in the end. Ok, you can’t play it at the moment, I can’t too since the game crash at start, but I knew that this might happen.

You don’t have faith in devs but you still pay for EA so either you don’t know what EA is or you baught it to be able to complain about it. On both end, the fault is on you. If you expected it to be fully playable, you definitely should have read the EA terms.

Devs are doing quite a great job with that game, patches and updates are made quite quickly to offer the best experience possible, for an EA game at least. They improve the game with our feedback while correcting bug as fast as they can. Yeah, HF#5 bring a tons of instability and I’m pretty sure they do everything they can to fix that, but it takes time.

If you can’t stand the fact that the game isn’t fully playable, I suggest that you just wait for 1.0, since you won’t be desapointed by wipes and/or crashes and bugs. Since you allready baught the game, it will be like a pre-order.

“You don’t have faith in devs but you still pay for EA so either you don’t know what EA is or you baught it to be able to complain about it”
I said:
“I don’t have any faith in any game dev, I’m sorry. I mean I tried, even now.
Meaning I don’t have faith -anymore-.

“Why do people buy an EA game and expect it to be fully polished ?”
This is what I wrote:
“I’m ok to play EA even with bugs and save wipes”
I’m NOT ok spending 30bucks without being even able to play because I don’t even know why I can’t.

I just asked why there’s no crash dump during EA.

You can say “wait for patches” without even taking into account that the crash maybe on my part, for whatever reason, which is why crash dumps exists in the first place.
How can I help the game reporting stuff when I don’t even know what’s happening?
Hell, even D4 had crash errors codes during EA.

here is the path for your player logs. Please send us the log and we can diagnose the problem.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Moon Studios\NoRestForTheWicked

There you go:

Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1APWhxDbtrDh8maqOZBXk0rRZfDcISUW1/view?usp=drive_link
Player_prev.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ANwXJmRQvNwIsHHb5jR6ilBUbPwlBQjA/view?usp=drive_link