Game is just merciless

So I finished Warrick the Torn, now I feel that I’m cool and can slowly progress without need to rush against 1v3 or 1vBoss.

I took quest - to beat some crabs. I left Sacrament - visit known location. I know where are enemies and what to expect but…

Instead of regular guys with an axe I met huge axe guys in armor that instakilled me with combo: fire bomb + fire bomb + axe jump + some regular axe hit. Fire bomb and axe jump both stuns me or whatever called state when I can’t move. My reaction to this is just - WTF!?

So what do you expect players to feel? Will I be humilated whole game without rest? Is there any place where I can level-up without constantly fighting bosses every 5 minutes?

yeah those guys are super meanin the beginning, you should get more gear and level a bit before you try them

So beginning beach is a bad place to go right after getting to Sacrament?

It is only the beginning at the beginning.

Each area of the game have what you can call phases.

Each time you progress in the story, the already visited areas become like new ones with a new level of difficulty, new mobs, new loots …

kinda^^ when you do this bounty haha, tbh they should probably put them somewhere else or level gate it or sth. i think everyone struggled hard with them when they first took that bounty

And yeah, bounties are an other story … :no_mouth:

Ok, but will be there a place where player can finally dominate?

Crucible, fully equipped, its even ridiculous … :yum:

But before that the beach that you are afraid of now will be more than accessible. :wink:

Just farm safer areas around the beach, unlock all the vendors, get some materials for their upgrades and your equipment upgrades, use your attributes points wisely and you should be good to go.

A level indicator other than the “moderate” indicator for zones would probably help … something like moderate +3level something that would let player know just how much more difficult it is than what your level is so you know where you should be going maybe?

I remember going toward nameless pass at first was a bit easier than going back towards orban glades… but if you find yourself in a pinch and cant do either rn you need to make another realm and keep leveling before you kill first boss

As a general tip just keep your distance to new enemies and wait and see what they do to learn punish windows. That’s what’s been helping me progress as someone who is new to soulslikes.