Game file CHEATING is going to destroy the good game!!!

First of all, it is a great experience to enjoy such a good game ,I can only imagine how much effort MOON STUDIOS have put in this project.That’s why it’s EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING when I saw some bad players SPREAD THE INFORMATION OF THE LOOPHOLES IN THE GAME FILE SYSTEM ,TRY TO CHEAT IN THE GAME. JUST A FEW MINUTES ,they WILL HAVE NUMEROUS EXPERIENCE POTION AND ALL THE LEGENDARY ITEMS AT ONCE BY COPYING OTHER’S FILE AND CHANGE TO THEIR OWN ACCOUNT NUMBER.

Also just go back and forth to your backups in Realm selection in game and bring over your loot. I’ll admit when I figured this out was like OK and now got best max gems in best stat gear that I turned into Legendary. Dumb system to be put in place but since this is how the game reads I’ll take advantage of my own items.

NOW THIS IS THE LEVEL ,I HOPE THE STUDIO CAN RECTIFY THE GAME FILE SYSTEM AND THE REALM SAVING SYSTEM ,CHOOSE TO MAKE THE ALL THE BOSSES BAN BE REFRESHED AND SET A NEW FREQUENCY ,Which will make the game HEALTHIER.

At this stage its a solo game.

These kind of file save “cheat” won’t work in a multiplayer server-based environment.

The only thing that can affect your progression regarding other players is that you look at what they are doing …

Solution: Stop looking at what they are doing, enjoy your solo ride. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Lamni Exactly

@CerimTOM I get that you are frustrated, but right now this game is in early access and those saves exist so that game breaking bugs don’t destroy 50hrs of your playtime. That’s the only reason. The downside of that is what you mentioned. but the advantage outweighs the disadvantage.

I get that you want to play the game as it’s intended and want to stick to the rules. I commend that, but don’t worry, this issue will be fixed once multiplayer either comes around or is mature enough to host all data on moon studios’ servers.

From that point forward there will probably be a wipe or an online/offline separation and you can trust moon studios that when you create an online character then, that you will have the same chances as everybody else and that there won’t be any shortcuts to success.

1 Like

this may affect the necessity to wipe though, even if i wrote somewhere that cheater will be on separated matchmaking, i’m pretty sure they’ll find a workaround and kill the fun off non cheating ppl XD … so yeh … i’d rather have 0 exploit during the solo phase of the EA so we dont get punish cuz some ppl wanted to min max their builds without puting any effort to it :frowning:

I hear your legitimate concern.

I’m not for cheating, at least not at the expense of other players.

But strangely I would say that these “cheaters” help, in some ways, to spot the cracks in the core design of the game, revealing faster than the “honest player” where some build or mechanics can break the initial promise, which is, as a reminder : a visceral action RPG (from which we are far from if you consider the entire game experience from the start of the game to the Crucible now).

I always try to see the glass half full. :yum:

To conclude, as the direction of the game is as unclear as it is to me right now (Check this reply for more details) I would prefer a wipe no matter what the situation may be later on to get the intended experience from the start of the game to its end when the final release will come.

1 Like

it’s early access… might as well get all the loopholes out in the open at this point…

That’s one of the reasons for EA.

I agree on the p-wipe at the birth of 1.0.

If they don’t change how their file system works and still on client side really there is no point. They need to do is lock a character to one realm without a backup load on the realm screen or else the back up realm reload dupe will spread and game is dead less than a year.