Not worth spending time grinding/collecting at the moment

Since realizing people are cheating, duping, and manipulating their saves for perfect gear, I’ve lost interest in the game.

I was having a good time grinding and trying to collect all armor and weapons, and stocking up on supplies for future builds, building up my house getting ready for the multiplayer and arena modes,
but knowing that I’ll be playing against these cheaters, it’s made me not care anymore.

1: Either the cheating issues will be fixed and everyone will get a wipe - meaning there’s no point in me spending my time grinding and collecting.

2: Or the cheating issues will not be fixed - meaning I’ll be playing against these cheated builds that won’t be fun.

If 2 happens, it creates a dynamic where everyone will be abusing the save system to cheat and stand a chance against each other.

I have thousands of hours in Souls games PvP, and I think this game could be really fun in multiplayer, but until these issues are addressed and fixed, I’ll have no interest in wasting my time.

So for the moment, the only thing I’m looking forward to is the new areas and quests that seem to be a long way off in the roadmap.
Anything with the Crucible or multiplayer will mean very little to me, unfortunately. But if an anticheat system and save system change comes in ill be back also.

If not for this, I’d be playing right now because I love long term progression systems but for a game like this to work where you grind for gear and roll enchantments, there needs to be security in a level playing field, or everyone will lose interest.

All that being said I obviously understand it’s early access but the progression system in this game requires grinding gear and collecting which I can’t commit to at the moment beacuse a wipe is the only way to fix cheater issues.

Thanks for reading, I really do love the game so far.

1 Like

the developers have already said that they will track cheaters (it is not yet clear how)
And cheaters will play with cheaters.

So relax, play and go to pvp with trusted people.
It’s also still a long way from the co-op.

Still, this is the problem with all offline games, you can manipulate files.

As an option, make a separate mode for co-op games and create a character separately with saving in the cloud. This is how it is done in all arpgs.

1 Like

It’s good they have said they will track cheaters but I dont think they will be able to track who is duping with backup saves which is the main issue i see personally.

I’m kinda hoping that they introduce separate characters for dedicated PvP.

So you earn gear and equipment at the end of the match or as you level up.

Would probably also be smart to limit affixes in some way to have more of a leveled playing field. This way PvP is more skill expressive rather than gear expressive.

But also have PvP for people who just wanna play against each other in their current gear.

1 Like

Yeah i think the Arena should be set gear and stats to choose from, that would be best case scenario for balance i think.

ffs here we go again, sry dont want to be that guy.
Its a singleplayer game with an optional multiplayer (eventually), not a mmo…if you have a problem, for whatever reason, with some random mf havin a 100 silver ingots instead of 10,(which btw doesnt impact your own game in any way) then play only with ppl you know, which is also the intention of a small 4ppl multiplayer system. When it comes to pvp, yet again optional non competitive/economical, the only thing that matters are your char stats and i imagine devs will scan your charackter before joining the arena session for irregularities, and even if not, just play with your friends only, problem solved.
I can already see ppl coming with stuff like separate chars for pvp or anticheats and all kind of bs…not going to work, just like it doesnt work in elden ring and all other “optional multiplayer” games…the only thing it will achieve is wasting time and ressource by the devs implementing some useless 3rd party software, which isnt even going to work, forcing some “agreement terms” of bs on us, rather then invest in producing awsome content for the game.

1 Like

Appreciate your opinion but it seems like youre not into PvP in these types of games, I don’t care what people who are playing offline do, I only care about the integrity of the game for multiplayer because I enjoy that side of souls-likes alot.

1 Like

Some things that are just wrong.

• PvP is not non-competitive, but, competitive. It is Player versus Player, you literally compete against another person or multiple.

• It is not just your stats that matter. Your gear, weapon animations, weapon attack options, runes, enchantments and skill matter as well.

• Not having options to ensure fairness. If this doesn’t happen your dedicated PvP player base will die. IF, you want a dedicated PvP player base that is.

If PvP is more casual then sure I agree with them not investing too much effort/time/money into PvP. I would also, then, not be interested in PvP, if it is casual.

1 Like

As far as i know Thomas Mahler said after EA all gets wiped? Or eventually all saves getting wiped.

Correct me if i am wrong

Cause of if you want multiplayer with pvp which is hard for big teams i think this will be big bog swamp in Wicked.
Team ends up fixing Infinite complains about hacking or balanced so for me this game will be only singleplayer and i think for not so long cause there will be lack of content with team mostly focusing fixing multiplayer, hackers, cheaters.

1 Like

I enjoy that side of soulslikes too, however, in no way shape or form i take pvp in a game build arround pve seriuosly (even in terms of balance alone) and thus accept the fact that theres always be mf cheating, and dont give a sh***about and take it with humor. Its the nature of the beast…a pureblooded mmo would be a different story ofc.
Actions to prevent any kinds of cheat PvE based game is a waste of ressource at the cost of actual content.
To be able to manipulate anything outside of your chars core stats/attributes/ levels requires some serious knowhow and tools to pulloff, not likley to happen in a pve game, rewards are disproportional (noneexistant) to investment.
You sad it yourself brother…in a PvE game at its core can only be casual PvP, thats the point.

I understand what youre saying but you could say all the same things about Elden ring and Dark souls.

“It’s a PvE based game so dont waste time on balancing PvP, can be only casual PvP at best”

I would strongly disagree and say even though they aren’t perfect, in my opinion they have the best PvP so why cant NRftW be good also?

It has a great combat system that would be amazing for pvp so why not?

The Dev team has chose to focus on multiplayer as the first stage on the road map, so this is what we need to talk about, personally i’d prefer they leave multiplayer to probbably last but thats not what they are doing,
I dont think saying just ignore it because its a singleplayer PvE game at the core is going to help the game improve and if other games had the same attitude as you then we would miss out on alot of great PvP content.

Thx for your opinion brother…the point being, opinions doesnt matter when it comes to facts…objectively, elden ring and all other souls games pvp is pure trash at the core (fun factor excluded ofc i love it for what it is)…theres one simple reason for that and it will never change…its connection and netcode. We dont even have to talk balance. Those games are by DESIGN not build for any type of real pvp…it suppose to be a cherry on the cake, a fun bonus activity…nothing more.

1 Like

Let them just drop this multiplayer so they can move on to more exciting stuff.

To add to your post, it’s also the same with Diablo 4. There is PvP in the dedicated zones, but it was said from the very beginning, that they won’t do any balancing around PvP as it is just an extra side activity for those who want to do it.

2 Likes

On a side note:

Why are people making such a big deal of it right now in this early stage of the game where none of that has any impact on someone else’s game? Let people dupe and whatnot to their hearts content and ruin their own fun with being instant max-level with best in slot gear just walking through the content available and not feeling any sense of reward.

So why are you letting your fun with the game be ruined by something that doesn’t affect you?

This has been brought to the team’s attention multiple times and I’m pretty sure they are well aware of it. Just because it hasn’t been adressed officially yet doesn’t mean that maybe things won’t change with future updates.

You are aware that in every Souls game the PvP crowds are duping and editing their files, yes? Look at the Elden Ring PvP community with their CE tables or save editors to obtain unlimited items of any quality, etc. Why is it not an issue with those games but this one?

1 Like

In those games gear has set stats that are “balanced” so everyone has the same access to the same gear. if you upgrade a weapon to +5 youll be matched with someone with a similar upgrade.

In this game if the issues are not addressed someone who spends 100hrs grinding different enchantments for their build is still at a large disadvantage to someone who can dupe the same progression in 1 hour and get perfect stats/build plus max upgrades making your progression and time spent meaningless, this is cheating and unfair.

It’s a big deal for me now because multiplayer is the first stage on the roadmap and this is the feedback section and I want the game to be good.

I think if they disregard pvp aspects of the game totally there is a huge loss of potential but its just what I enjoy, I enjoy the multiplayer in souls games just as much as the PvE/Lore, maybe im in a minority but I will give my opinion.

Let’s say they make people unable to dupe, there is still the ability for multiple characters to join the same realm. Someone might have gotten lucky or spent the time and effort to actually have best in slot gear and now they create a new character, join that realm and go grab said gear for their new toon.

It’s the very same situation just without duping. Would you want to also have realms/chars locked to each other?

Those games (as all thing in life) are all about advantiges vs disadvantiges, life is not fair brother…if im spending 100hrs farming sh*** to get my upgrades i sure as f*** hope to get an advantige over some1 who spends way less time or i just dupe shit if its the other way around and have the knowledge to do so…but thats not the point is it…

Disadvantage at what? there is no legal competition in this game and i doubt ever be considering the way it was designed…and why would you say progression and your time spent is meaningless? you play to have fun, not to compete with someone at anything right? cuz this kind of game aint about competition brother.

Right. There’s also level ranges for the “match-making”. Don’t you consider it unfair though if the one editing their characters come in with max meat-dumplings for extra healing, pops one starlight shard after the other or has otherwise max consumables, while the legit player just cannot have these armounts because the dumplings and shards are limited to only few per playthrough? Or bolusses to deal with status buildups… Someone calculated that it takes around 1 hour of farming in Elden Ring to be able to craft 1 anti-rot bolus.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong. I’m not pro-duping/cheating nor do I want to antagonize you. I’d personally also prefer if there was no way to dupe or otherwise edit so people are actually properly playing the game instead of speedrunning their way to quit it.