Future of Enchantments

Nah no worries at all @RomoloHero.

But yeah I think we’re all on the same page, that enchantments that promote focusing on specific combat mechanics could be great.

Although I think that the base combat could also benefit from things such as:

1. Releasing heavy attack the moment it charges does more damage

2. Timing your next attack at the moment your previous one lands = faster follow up attack.

Was glad to see @thomasmahler in this thread, let’s keep up the good feedback :))

2 Likes

Definitely think the enchantments are pretty bland at the moment, there’s not really any real builds. You simply have a little bit better HP, Stamina or Focus recoveries which seem to be more supportive stats to a build but there aren’t any real builds. Atm you simply pick your weapon and you get the stats for that. The enchantments are pretty much little bonuses here and there that don’t really change your playstyle whatsoever.

I find it kind of weird that D4 nor No Rest for the Wicked have given us interesting loot, when to an ARPG loot is basically the most important and fun thing about the genre. I hope and think this will improve with time but still kind of underwhelmed there.

I made a lengthy analysis of my impressions of the game if you wanna check it out ; Pushing the game further - #2 by Lnoxx

What kind of playstyle differences would you like to see? And how would they fit the precision combat?

A number of playstyle differences could come out.

• A focus on accumulating Plague as quick as possible to trigger it.
  • Investing in the final hit of a weapon’s combo for the big impact.
  • I know there’s been interest in making a build purely for rolling, haha.
  • Shield runes are being experimented on so intertwining the mechanics of those with your weapons.
  • Would be interesting if you could invest heavily into Poise breaking for your friends.

A couple things off the top of my head. The way Wicked is approaching buildcrafting is different from any other ARPG and that should be embraced. There’s more levers to pull for gameplay impact than your typical game I feel like.

Edit: I swear these forums don’t always reply to the post I select.

I think the enchantment is the way it is right now because that is dirt easy to program like this. :wink:

I am certain that it will be changed the question is … how.
I would like to have some steering on what perks i get.
Some mutually exlusive suggestions:

• Maybe select from a list, or complete random. Selected items are cursed, randoms not.
  • Maybe specific perks have special ingedients
  • Maybe the upgrading of weapons could be coupled with the perks, i.e. item X can be upgraded n times with item level n. Perk Y needs ingredient Z and you can put the same perk n times, or mix.
  • or i could think of using one item with a desired perk as sacrifice to get that perk on some other item

And i would like to have perks that are a little creative, i.e. have words.
“Focus regeneration” → good
“x% more Y” → boring if too much