Feedback after 15h

I was really hyped seeing a new game from moon studios and been playing since day 1. I can see the ambitious project and all the ideas and genres and I love it so far!

I love he general gameplay, the challenging fights, the crafting and the resources and what you build with them. Been playing with a two-handed sword since beginning and love how heavy it feels, although combat is really hard with it, due to very slow attacks (which is okay) but also, because even heavy hits on small enemies basically never do poise/stagger damage, which in turn often results in unaviodable damage.

Another feature I love is that enemies do not respawn immediately, but only when re-entering an area. This keeps combat challenging and the game itself not frustrating, since even killing one enemy feels like progress. This gets me to the cerim crucibles… They are too hard, too long, too frustrating. I can see the intention, but all in all its tiring and unenjoyable for me. It’s okay to spend a not-too-rare item on them, it’s okay that enemies respawn on a new run, but with 7 layers or so, all of them have to be cleared, followed by a boss, which I only reached once so far, is too much. I’d love to see some adaption to this, for example every stage has to be cleared once and it keeps that way. Or just one main enemy is required to kill. Or at least once the boss was reached, its just boss fight.

Here are all ideas/suggestions/wishes in brief:

1. Adjust crucibles to make them less frustrating (see above)
  2. would be nice to have some kind of durability wheel while using e.g. axe
  3. The interaction width is too narrow, e.g. for whispers
  4. improve heavy weapon stagger/poise damage
  5. Collect resources automatically after mining them (tress, ore etc.)
  6. Please add a feature to compare clothes (e.g the one wearing atm vs one in inventory)
  7. Please consider to make the parry window a bit wider
  8. Feels like a lost potential to not use felled trees as route (e.g. nameless road)

I really enjoy the game and am looking forward to updates and patches! Also, great job so far! I’ve seen the 5th hotfix, love the quick updates and also, a lot of suggestions I initially had have already been taken care of =D

Completely disagree on the Crucible it is quite clear that it’s endgame level stuff requiring you to progress the town and gear up, as well as even in crucible beating 1 area at a time still rewards you with great loot from enemy drops. It is a completely optional, highly-difficult, roguelite arena if it’s easy then that defeats the point.

Same with the parry, the parry in here is no more or less generous IMO from any other soulslike combat system other than Wo Long which was waaay too easy.

1 Like

Not a big fan of arenas/crucible runs/gauntlets in general, ngl. I am currently lvl 22, geared up a bit, brought a lot of equipment to end of II. Not struggling with the enemies (although boss annihilated me), but it took forever to get there. For me, loot wasn’t better than any of the things I found in random chests when re-visiting old areas. Maybe it is endgame stuff, maybe I’m not there level-wise, but its the main route that got me there, I can see there are a total of 6 gauntlets and even finishing the first would probabkly take a week atm. Also, I thought it is mandatory o_O. It’s the only clue from my main quests, I had to speak to the character but thanks for the hint, I will try to see if I can find another way to progress main story =D Iif the crucibles are completly optional that would be nice, still would love to have one fairly doable at lvl 22.

Also, I forget that in the previous post, a second difficulty level would be a nice feature to add. I wouldn’t want to see the game made easier as it is, I love the challenging experience, but I would definetly rank it as one of the more difficult games and I wouldn’t want other people to be scared off.

As for the parry, I just brought it up to consider. I struggle quite a bit to get them, which was never a problem in souls-like for me yet (ds3, sekiro, eldenring, lies of pi, LOTF etc…) and I’m a seasoned souls-like fan. Didn’t play wo long though. But again, maybe it’s just misreading the parry time.

Update 1: Apparently I’m at the end of current content, so there is no more story progression for now. Looking forward to more =D

Update 2: The parry window is fine with hotfix 6. Been playing around a bit and found what was setting me off. Not every parry is a “perfect parry” that stuns the enemy, buts a “soft parry”. The problem here is, that there is no audible clue for soft parries and the visual clue is hard to make out for me. Not sure why there is no audible clue, but there definetly should be one IMO.