Fast travel between checkpoints

I think it should be possible to fast travel between checkpoints. There are no enemy respawn, meaning it’s pointless to run back and forth the entire map when there is nothing in it.
However, even if enemies did respawn, our gear still breaks, and as long as you devs keep that in the game, it would be great to atleast be able to fast travel back to the smithy…
I hope ya read this and consider my suggestion, as I really want this game to be as good as possible.

1 Like

You can fast travel between the main city and the last Whisper you claimed. Fast travelling between other spots has already been brought up and discussed “to death”, there was even an official response to that. It will come in some capacity, but not between all spots.

As for repairs… With the current state of the game, I have yet to somehow manage to (nearly) break any of my equipment. Durability of items has become super high and the damage they take is just super small. Aside from super cheap repairing at the blacksmith, there’s also a big amount of repair-powder drops you can use to repair your equipment on the go.

Aaaah, nice. I haven’t gotten that far. Great to hear that

tir. 7. mai 2024, 15:57 skrev miisch via No Rest For The Wicked <notifications@wickedforum.discoursemail.com>:

like someone said above, the devs have mentioned they dont want to have easy travel between whispers. They said how the world is hand crafted and they want players to traverse it and see the sites. They wont exactly be adding in easy whisper travel, but, it sounds like there may be gondala systems and other things coming we can build for faster travel around the map.

As for repairs, I recommend carrying repair powder on you for quick, easy fixes. They drop semi often.

Fast travel will expand and there will be more points, but definitely not all.
Thomas said this in X

The whole point of there not being fast travel is specifically so you engage in the gameplay loop of farming WHILE you’re going somewhere to fight/do a bounty/quest. If you just fast travel to the closest whisper suddenly you now make farming an actual chore, a checklist to do instead of something done passively