Does anyone find Finleys wares worthwhile?

Has anyone gotten anything good from Finley yet?

Given the quest, and that he only shows up on Saturdays, I thought he was going to be a better Grinnich, but Ive never seen a single good thing from him. Grinnich is that guy, and my favorite vendor because he always has something good on hand thats rare, even if they are expensive and limited. I thought Finley was going to be even better considering he only appears once a week, but so far Ive never seen anything worth buying from him. Weapons and armor, but Ive farmed so much just playing the game and with how randomized every single stat is in this game I dont find any purpose in buying armor or weapons from almost anyone.

I mean, I guess buying gear from vendors means the stats are more fixed than the drops, but in most cases, especially with Finley, the gear on sell isnt even really worth looking at. Im wondering if maybe his rotation has something worthwhile that I just havent seen yet, but in the 3 weeks and 3 appearances Ive seen him, Ive never once bought anything from him.

He often has gear that I can’t get consistent drops for but want to extract the runes for.

1 Like

I’ve bought various base items off him to toss out for enchants. Legendary stuff in his inventory is often pointless due to RNG. They should expand him to carry a mix of everything, instead of just weapons and armor.

He needs a major overhaul imho.

• The wares he has are in quantity and quality uninteresting.

• The way to his key is not adequately visible ingame. Infact I thought he is not yet acessible until i read that he exists elsewhere. (Immersion breaker). Maybe… place some item on the first cage… that would be a breadcrume enough to realize that you can jump on the cages.

• I think, simply using him as magic item provider is boring… that should be something the regular merchants do. Maybe make him an “item delivery service” where you can send him on a mission to get “some item with enchantment X”, or some resource Y.

• The realtime schedule is really bad… it entirely blocks players who have fixed dates on saturdays!!!

• The realtime schedule is really bad… it entirely blocks players who have fixed dates on saturdays!!!

I sometimes can find a well rolled base for future builds/alts from time to time. Sadly the new compare system has made this very difficult to do with weapons. Can find a particular rune as well. It definitely helps having multiple Realms to shop in.

today i bought 2 items from him, i haven’t gotten so far from drops. But last Saturday he did not spawn for me at all, so i missed out on that.

I think he needs some more love and rework. there are quite a few good ideas here:

Really? I mean yeah, I get the RNG thing. I feel like that for most of the stuff in this game. I get its an ARPG, but the RNG here feels a bit especially egregious right now, but Im shocked. I havent seen him carry anything like that. Must just have been bad luck on my end the past 3 weeks.

Honestly, I haven’t seen him in the Holy City despite playing for so long (I’ve already rescued him), mainly because his appearance time doesn’t match my schedule. On weekends, I might like to sleep in or do something else before entering the game, and by then I’ve already missed him.

Although I could adjust my local time to make him appear, I feel like this interferes with the game’s timeline, so I haven’t done it. As a result, I still haven’t encountered him.

Perhaps the developers think that the game world should have its own timeline to make it feel more alive. But the reality is that I always end up missing Finley.