Controller remapping bug

So I don’t think this really requires my session data as it has more to do with the functionality of the controller remapping that was just added. Basically I wanted to have my gesture wheel mapped to a face button. Trying to map it to “Y” (or any respective face button) will result in the game unbinding your rune for that respective button. So as of now I have to remove the gesture wheel entirely or I can’t map the buttons the way I want them. Not sure if this is an over sight or a bug, but I suppose its not a huge deal until multiplayer is released. As there’s no reason really to emote yet. Definitely would like to see this updated though.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. As far as I can tell this unmapping behavior happens when trying to assign a face button to Parry, Gestures, or Map.

Edit: I was wrong about which commands cause this unmapping behavior, changed my post for accuracy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, addressed it to our devs.

Please take into account that remapping system by having many buttons for both gamepad and KBM creates a problem of one button interfering with another not only by binding, but also by gameplay priority. So to say we need to make sure that gameplay does not break if we somehow limit or unlimit remapping. For this reason Remapping feature is one of the most technically difficult and thus demands quite much time to configure it without breaking something.

So thanks for your patience: if you find more bugs for this, pls address them to me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response! It’s nice to know that you guys are aware of this. I understand all things take time and you guys are doing great. Love the game. I really can’t say it enough. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I second this, I found it quite limiting since I’d like to use the shoulder buttons for combat.
Also, mapping the B button to the left hand action sometimes makes it uneffective in menus.

1 Like

Yup, also known. We’re currently redoing the input system to fix the most of bugs like this, so I hope it will get fixed with the next update

1 Like