Black screen at launch again

Hello.
From the first moment I started to play and I got the black screen in the launcher, I managed to solve the problem by updating drivers, updating the visual C++, putting to run as administrator. I could start playing the last few days, now I have 11 hours, but since this morning the same thing happens to me again, at startup the screen goes black, with the background music and completely blocks the pc.

I have a nvidia Geforce RTX 2070, 32GB ram, I7-8700 3.2GHz.
I have reinstalled the game, I have checked all updates both nvidia, but still comes out the black screen, I have disabled Vsync. As I said before Iā€™ve been playing the game for 11 hours, I donā€™t know what to do anymore.

1 Like

Have you tried waiting ridiculously longā€¦ like what happens when you start, and come back 30 min later?

Iā€™ll try it and give feedback

i dont know why, but ā€¦ worksā€¦

Then it sounds like a performance thingā€¦ the good news is you can expect this to get betterā€¦ a lot.

When this happens to me, I do have to wait a lot longer than normal. Not 30 minutes though. Itā€™s more like 2ā€“3 minutes.

It seems to happen whenever there is a patch or whenever my video drivers are updated. Once it does happen, itā€™s fine after that first time.

My suspicion is itā€™s something to do with the caching of the game assets. (Or, more strictly speaking, that cache having been deleted.) Because when I do finally get to play, Iā€™ll often run into an area thatā€™s visually ā€œemptyā€ā€˜;ā€™ for instance nothing is drawn on the other side of a bridge Iā€™m running acrossā€”it looks as if I would just fall off and die. But when I get to the end of the bridge, the land just past it finally gets rendered.

same thing is happening to me :sleepy:

I was able to play on my rtx 3050 but since i upgraded to rx 6750 xt i get a black screen. I can here ingame music and there is UI at the bottom of the screen but thats as far as i can get. Tried all work arounds no luck.

windows 11
amd rx 6750xt
intel 11400f
64gb ram
gigabyte 550 motherboard
20240603000854_1

If at all possible whenever this occurs can you grab your logs files and send them here?

Grab the log files (both Player.log and Player-prev.log) and the DataStore folder that can be found here:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Moon Studios\NoRestForTheWicked

i see the the black Amber screen as well

Im having trouble finding these files. :grimacing:

I have this same issue, here are my log files.