Add Rune Codex - Rune Database in-game

It would be great if there was a “Rune Codex” in-game. Something along the lines of a Pokedex in Pokemon games. Cataloguing all runes that a player has discovered so far. I attached a UI mock-up I made below.

The “Rune Codex” would provide more in-depth info about each rune. It would also be possible to craft unlocked runes by bringing required materials to the enchant NPC. The materials are also listed in the codex.

14 Likes

This would actually be really cool. Damn good idea.

2 Likes

This would be invaluable, honestly. Good idea.

1 Like

holy what the fuck this is awesome???

2 Likes

I agree, it would be really useful to have a kind of codex from which to craft the already discovered runes.

At the moment, reapplying a rune to a new weapon means first of all hoping to find the weapon that had it (if you find it, in the case that it is not for sale).
With this stratagem the problem would be solved.

1 Like

I don’t see any negatives to this idea. It can only be a good thing. Could even store the ones you have in the Codex for use instead of taking up inventory space. Or make a separate inventory for all Enchanter based items, like Gems/Runes etc.

1 Like

I like the video component and extended description the most. I want to see how the rune special looks and what it does.

Great suggestion!

2 Likes

hire this man <3 ,… …h.

1 Like

Thanks all! haha :rofl: :joy:

I want this for a specific reason:

If the game does not offer enough clarity, players are not motivated to come up with their own builds, and will instead just look up build guides online. I like creativity, but I can’t theory-craft unless I know what options are available to me.

This idea provides the players with a lot of useful information without any real downsides. That said, I also still think the Wicked website should just offer a list of all runes and their basic descriptions.

1 Like

very nice :slight_smile: something like this is a nice addition.

1 Like

So basically what Diablo IV has. I agree it would be good. It would be nice if extracted runes go into the codex for unlimited uses OR allow us to learn rune blueprints (I’m assuming this is planned given Eleanor has a scribing table with no current uses).

1 Like

This same idea could have been done with weapons. But, the next patch will allow us to equip items to use like Elden Rings, Dark Souls, so we can test move set out. So they solved that at least.

1 Like

Yes please. Having a codex should be a staple/norm for any and all arpg game.

Even D4 had to implement it after so much backlash. Please don’t wait till the situation is that bad before implementing it.

1 Like

+1 please add, would be a big QoL adjustment.

1 Like

Hopefully the almighty Mahler hears our prayers! :joy: :laughing: :sweat_smile:

I agree, it also takes too long to get interesting runes. And when you can’t even see what you’re buying, it can lead to unnecessary disappointment. It would be helpful if the developer could share some of the features they will definitely implement. I assume that rune video previews were already a certainty for the developers, even before early access. If we knew that, we wouldn’t need to point it out to them.

1 Like

Nicely done! Well thought out, yet simplistic.

1 Like

Yes,
and i think the obviously missing info window for runes while hovering over them was just skipped for early access and will come sooner or later.

1 Like