2h weapon enchantments should be stronger than 1H enchantments or have seperate rolls

2 handed weapons have a downside to 1 handed in the sense that they lose up to 4 enchant slots vs 1 handed.
You can’t enchant a bow to have anything except move speed x% and weight loss x% and thats fine with me, but you can gem them to get certain abilities. And dont even start with torch… that should only be able to purple unbreakable and the same as bow stuff above, needs to be a tool not a powerhouse like it currently is, its 4 “free” enchants for your 1 hander. (Possibly doubling certain ablities) this also allows rolling on 2 different weapons to get desired enchants vs only 1, more prevelant flr rarer weapons.
I dont beleive torches are the only thing that will ever be offhand. So i would at least like to bring to light the fact of 2H not having access to these slots could be an issue going forward for balance.
I also personally do not see a major balance issue currently and have no issue maining my baemore but im curious what other people feel about this. I am also aware 2H have bigger stats as well and this effects the formula.

2 Likes

2-handed enchantments need to have weights that quadruple their effects, or more. For example, a 1-handed weapon that has the Focus on Hit enchantment can hit 2-3 times faster than a 2-handed weapon, so this effect is 2-3 times stronger on them. PLUS they can use a torch with the same enchantment, meaning they’re 4-6 times more efficient at generating focus than a 2-handed weapon.

Enchantments like this need to be at least 4 times stronger on 2-handed weapons to bridge this gap. Gems are the same; 1-handed builds get up to 8 weapon gems, whereas 2-handed builds only get 4. Gem effects should be doubled on 2-handed weapons.

1 Like

I agree that it def needs some tweaking because like you say a dagger rune that can hit 12 times in a second will most certaintly outpace the 2H attacks even rune ones. (Which It should) It could go both ways were duel daggers get smaller numbers but 2H get larger numbers to help make up the differences. It does need to feel a lite more balanced as is currently. With both weapons getting same value on a gem it is unfair to the 2 handers.

2 Likes