Unique Bow Combat Idea!

Just tried boe combat with the new stamina changes! It’s fun! I was playing and thinking how do you make this a more unique gameplay experience. My concern is that later in the game when damage is higher. It will simply be dodge and shoot once until the enemy is dead and/or ability spam.

Alternatively, what if each bow had combos in the way melee does but you’re rewarded for damage for each completion of a move in the chain. So there’s more risk involved in firing the bow for a longer period of time.

So for example, 3 move chain. Lvl 1 Bow. 4 damage, 5 damage, 8 Damage. And for even more fun, if you make it to move 3, you can animation cancel a rune attack.

Just food for thought!

Let me know what you all think.

I tried a bow/dagger build lately and i was surprised how easy you could spam bow attacks with focus on hit. Trivializes so much fights i struggled before with my melee version. I hope this is not intended for the final version of the game.

There is already a big discussion on “% focus on hit” going on.

I also think there must be more enemies who hard punish bow players or need better abilities to.

I like your combo aspect tho but i guess moon needs to fix the focus problem first.

I completely agree. Because ranged only is a valid playstyle in the game. Every single enemy needs a ranged counter. Whether its a throw, an ability or huge gap closer that punishes range.

Alternatively or in conjunction. Ranged attacks should do almost no poise damage at all. Unless for example, you executed a long combo with my system above.

1 Like