Transmog/transference idea

I know the devs are against the idea of transmog, especially with pvp in the plans.

However, how about a transference system that would allow Eleanor to transfer the affixes of an item over to another item of the same type & tier, destroying the original item in the process?

Criteria:
-source item is destroyed
-source item NOT unique
-target item must be:
×white
×same tier as source item
×same base type as source item
-target item keeps runes & gems

This would let us work at the look we want without breaking anything pvp-wise and would provide another time/gold sink.

Not sure if this has already been suggested or not.

3 Likes

Simple and effective. Thanks for the suggestion! :pray: Would also ease the otherwise endless grind we have currently.

Sadly, I think this would not deliver what people want out of transmogs, but a good compromise imo.

I really like the suggestion but I would extend it to blue and purple gear. This way finding blue’s and purple’s becomes more meaningful. It also lessens the enchanting grind/randomness. You can find the affix you have been wanting on a random blue item for example.

I’m against transmog in this game because I feel like you can customize every piece of equipment. It is just that it is too hard to do so adequately. Therefore, I think this is a nice solution to the issue.

My idea would allow you to transfer the affixes of any blue or purple item (not uniques) to a white item. I suppose there’s no reason you couldn’t “overwrite” a different blue/purple.

Im not against this but the devs should put this kind of high level enchant behind the upgrades to the enchanter vendor, possibly with some kind of formula in the rune table to do the exchange and some form of magical currency to burn with the whole ritual, like embers or some other thing more scarce, its very powerful to be able to choose the afixxes like this.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting something that would allow you to modify or choose affixes. Rather, it would take all of the affixes on a given item and put them on a new item of the same type, destroying the original in the process. The new item would keep it’s first gem and its first two runes, but would otherwise be an exact copy of the original in a new skin.

While this would allow you to try and maximize your gem roll, and change weapon runes, I think these are minor power increases.

This would make you choose your afixxes, if the weapon was cheap to buy, you would do what a lot of people already do, buy 50 of the same and enchant them all, then you choose the one you think its better.
With your idea, it would be possible in the same place, the enchanter, you would only select the two weapons you wish to do the trade and boon you have an even better item.

Its not that hard to do this with the blood sword and even a torch, mass buying and enchanting, its not cheap but not that expensive either, thats why i thought this idea shouldnt be cheap, to avoid re-enchant of every item you have, this time choosing the affixes you want in each and every item you can equip, its very powerful, it would lead to perfect rolled affixes.
Since every item has the same potencial you could choose a cheap armor and do this before doing the upgrades.

I unsure how you got there from what i wrote, as I’m not proposing the sale of cheap armor or any way to modify or select affixes. I’m proposing a system that would let you take your favorite purple or blue item and copy it onto a different item of the SAME type. You keep the original affixes, nothing is re-rolled, and the original item is destroyed.

Benefits beyond changing the “skin” would be:

the chance to get a perfectly infused base item, but they could prevent this by not allowing any gems in the target item.
the chance to move good affixes to a base item with a better base rune, moveset, or modified damage type. Only a problem with weapons.

Oh, yeah, i see now where i got that mixed up, sorry about that, my bad hehehe. Yeah you are right, i totally fuck that up, than its not that bad at all to be fair.