Stats = bad (they might not have to change much to fix it)

I am now on my third character with over 80 hours played. I’ve seen Thomas’ tweet about them changing up stats here’s the issue and a possible solution.

Issue.
Stats have been a major topic for me and lots of other players. Main issues being there doesn’t seem to be much diversity in builds or the way you lay your stats out between multiple characters. And the four main stats(strength,dex,int,faith) don’t feel much different because of the randomness of the weapons required stats

Solutions.

Instead of adding in effects to a stats. Example strength increases melee Damage, dex increases crit chance, etc. they could easily just make changes to affix’s on items and weapons.

Also they could tie runes to different stats.

Examples

-health

Health doesn’t need to change much it’s Benefits are good enough. But they could maybe tie all the thorns type affix’s on weapons and armor to be affected by max health.

-stamina

Right now you maybe only need to put a few points into stamina on any build to have it work effectively. There are a few things I think could have players choosing stamina over focus spam builds.

1.bows- with the recent changes to bows having their main arrow attack use stamina.it just made them even more op I can cast cone shot more often now then previously and they seem really imbalanced.

I personally think they should get rid of the focus requirements on all of the bows attacks and have them use stamina instead.

This will change the bow from being just another focus build to being a stamina build. And give an extra factor to the class. Having to worry about spamming your attacks and also being able to dodge. And to remedy this more points in stamina less worry on focus.

2.basic attacks- there should be more affix’s that give bonuses to basic attacks. Right now 95% of the builds you only need to smack a few times with basic attacks to regain focus or not at all just use focus potion. They don’t have nearly as many affix’s and or quality compared to runes damage and rune spamming.

They could add basic attack speed, basic attack damage, crits with basic attacks %, crits damage with basic attacks, the health steal on damage % that’s op right now can be tied to basic attacks only.

Hence fourth giving an option of being a more stamina focused character

1. Charged attacks- They could add an affix that takes more stamina the longer you hold a charge attack in exchange for more damage.

Then you could have charged attack builds that are reliant on stamina because they’ll tap their stamina for their charged attacks and still need some for dodging blocking or parry.They could maybe place this affix on weapons that are charge weapons.

-strength, dexterity, intelligence, faith.

I like the way weapons scale with you stats but the randomness of the requirements on weapons makes the choice between these 4 stats seem less important. With intelligence and dex builds being able to wield every weapon and use every ruin.

My favorite example is the intelligence 2 handed sword. I think the way the weapon should work is that the only Runes you can put on it should be int runes like fire ball or chain lightning.

They only need to change some runes to be tied with stats and add more in. I’ve made a topic on this and I’ll link In The first comment. Easy fix and I think it makes for interesting character builds.

-focus

Focus is important on every character you make right now you need enough with regen to be able to cast runes and it destroys right now. They don’t need to change much for focus they just need to incentivize other stats.

Maybe small nerf. Like with harder areas arriving in the future with harder monsters. The tier one runes that we have right now Should drastically scale down and we should have to upgrade to tier two runes which cost more focus and do more damage.

-equip load and weight class.

Issue.

On every one of my characters I’ve just put enough to keep me from being over encumbered. Heavy is best imo you have most defense shoulder barge is really good and you can just get plus speed on items.

Solution.

Have different armor types give different variables to their affix’s and different affixes.

Examples

Cloth- can have higher % on all Focus affix’s, affix for rune damage, affix for additional intelligence or faith (adds 3 to intelligence), higher percentage for speed affixes

Leather- can have higher % on all stamina affixes, damage for Stamina using attacks affix, affix for additional dex, higher percentage for speed affixs

Mesh- can have affix for additional strength and faith. Healing affects affixs, charged attacks affixs.

Plate- can have affix for additional strength, thorns damage affix, melee damage affixes

Of course you can get any stat still on any armor the above listed per category will just be higher then That you can get on different categories

Thanks for reading let me
Know what you think