Resource gathering needs skill expression

Hi, I believe that resource gathering in it’s current state is a bit mindless and could be easily more engaging.

-Instead of having the ‘perfect’ mining/chopping etc. be in the same sweetspot, have it always be in the last 1/4 of the circle, but randomise the location a bit with each chop.
(additionally, by making the process harder, the reward for hitting the sweetspot could be buffed)
-revamp fishing: instead of the same circle minigame, make it something like stardew, where you need to ‘fight’ a bit for it

Of course, for those that enjoy the peacefulness of it, or usually gather resources while not focused on the game(watching a movie etc.), they could just not engage with hitting the sweetspot, but I believe the current resource gathering system should be tweaked to allow skill expression for those that want to be more engaged with the resource gathering aspect of the game.

I agree, something a little more fun (more challenging) would be nice. Same for crafting item. For example the crafting system in ff14 is incredible, I would love to have more mechanics when crafting an object.

hmm i havnt played ff14 but i cant agree with the idea of a executable mechanic during the actual crafting phase. click > item is sufficent; especially when dealing with levels of RNG for stats and enchantments that we currently see, adding a executable minigame would be a shoot in the foot