My 2 cents and a quarter

This thread works as my compendium for all my feedbacks / suggestions / ideas, from personal reflection or Discord discussions. I’ll keep on regularly adding to it as early access goes on. Feel free to participate.

Able to clean a weapon from runes completly. Full customisation (The ability to remove a native rune from a weapon)
(Uniques should remain unalterable)

Extract runes from Uniques
EDIT: seeing that both of the responce i got was about this subject, let’s make it clear, atm you can find Unique’s specific runes as standalone drops in Crucible’s end chest. ense the logic behind being able to sacrify a Unique item to extract the rune from them directly. but only being able to loot those runes individually does add that part of exitement.

Reroll gems and Reroll enchant afixes individually, with cost increase

New enchants :

• poise while attacking.
  • armor/ dmg reduction while attacking
  • increase next attack’s dmg the longer you dont attack
  • increase dmg the longer you don’t get hit

Reduce elemental fx on weapons with elemental enchants. A slider to adjust it would be the dream. While it’s extreamly pretty and well done (appart from fire arguably inferior to the others, light source is too agressive and work against the game’s beautiful lightings a bit), i’d love it to be more subtile. Also works better with elemental attack runes: the transition is beautiful and it’s visual impact is greatly diminished if the weapon is already coated with an element prior.

A separated belt for consumable (for both alchemy and food) : so we can isolate what we want to be able to pull in combat. I don’t want to see my grapes, apple and mushroom i looted along the way while trying to select an adequate food heal in combat. (started to be adjusted with patch 1)

About consumable in combat. You can’t scroll throught them il you press to many keys at the same time in combat. On kbm at least. I’d like to be able to scroll while i run,

fishing rework to make it a relaxing activity, being able to do it from one spot for a long period of time. maybe fishing pool would appear periodically, more often, even without zone reset. it would have to be adjusted for it to not be too powerful. maybe it being you can fish more than once per fishing nodes, like 5 times (Stardey Valley has a very good fishing system, rare fish are hard to pull out with the minigame)

Transmogrification: on this topic, if it ever comes to the game here are my take on it: we should only be able to alter an armor piece appearance if it matches the type, plate armor could only be changed in appearance to another plate armor, and so on. so we don’t end up with a character wearing a full set of cloth armor looking like a steel jugernaught, and vice versa. for weapon, same logic apply, 2 handed axes to other 2 handed axes and so on.

2 Likes

adding a coin, more enchant ideas :

• increase poise/armor when charging attacks
  • increase dmg of charged attacks

another thing :
after testing 2handed swords and axes for a good 70+ hours I feel something has to be done for poise damages, with 2handed sword i can poise-break the echo mobs lightning fast from range with 3 successive runing stab (festering earth)
2handed axe with same 20 poise dmgs, whatever attacks i do they never break, charged, not charged, runing or rolling attacks, nothing does it.
2handed axe are way shorter and bulky, they should prolly fufill poise break role better than 2handed swords, maybe even as good as 2handed hammers and clubs

edit 1: i tested it, 2handed axe take at least 4 hits to poise break those echo mobs

edit 2: kinda too early to discuss poise dmg rebalance, because of rune spam making it hard to gauge, but a first-draw idea would be :
dual daggers: 5 poise dmg. - 2h curved; 15 - 2h axes 25 - 2h clubs 30 - and finally 2h hammers 35

new enchants ideas:

• dmg buff (for next attack?) if you get hit
  • dmg buff while under 50% hp
  • dmg reduction if under 50% hp
  • poise dmg bonus

new ring idea:

• buff normal attack dmg/ reduce rune attack dmg

about runes, i tested “Slashing Spin” in comparison to “Lightning Assault” and “Wallbreaker” it’s extreamly under performing, both of the latest one-shot giant armored guys, lighting fast, from range and with good recovery while Slashing Spin doesn’t one-shot them, has no reach, take times to do, cost as much focus but does has good recovery still.

I don’t want to engage too much on the Focus spam subject, as I’m sure you guys are already cooking something to adress it, but what i’d personnaly like rune attack to be is more of a sidegrades/alternative mouves to our regular normal attacks, brining utility on demand (leap, thrust, …) them doing maybe a little more dmg than normal but not much (not 5x like we have right now), maybe resulting in them costing a bit less focus to use, but would also cost stamina to use. Of course, self suffisant focus spam has to go.

Edit 1: when i say self sufisant focus spam has to go, there can be nuance to it, but it shouldn’t be as common, as I see it i could imagine it being ok only on specific Unique items with forced runes that are balanced around this design

Extracting runes from uniques is a bad idea. It would make uniques become common weapons and they will no longer be unique.

2H weapons are in general very lacking compared to 1h. Their attack speed is horrible in most cases, you would get hit while you swing, they often don’t interrupt enemy attacks even on weak mobs. 2h Axes are just awful because of their attack speed, same goes for Great swords with very few exceptions. 2h Swords poise damage is also very bad in most cases.
There are a couple of decent 2h Great hammers but 80% of them are complete trash because of how slow they are and their damage isn’t much more than 1h weapons.

Weapons need rework in general to make every one of them worth using.

you can find Unique’s runes from Echo Knight’s chest, so why not being able to extract them directly, It does make the rune drop feel good tho I agree

about 2 handed being underperforming i’d say Feastering Earth GS being able to poise break in 3 successive runing stab attack does feel right tho, takes 3 seconds, but it’s the only satisfying one i found so far.

you noticed alot of my “affixes” proposition are there to improve the 2 handed experiance. poise buff while charging attacks, dmg buff the longer you don’t attack, or if you tank attacks. i think the idea of charged attack is nice, but atm they not really relevant to use in a real fight scenario as enemies are designed to punish you for it.

About new key rebinding:

It’s a great start, lots of work to do still

• for azerty keyboard users, if you remap WASD to ZQSD the change doesn’t affect map navigation.

• we are not able to bind side mouse buttons, would be very handful for things like lock on and off

(little side note on lock on, the need to keep it pressed to unlock should simply be replace by a click, so you’d altern between lock on and off by simple clicks. also, a way to better know if lock is on and off would be apreciated, it’s too feint atm, maybe 2 differant subtil audio queues for when you lock and unlock)

• a major problem for kbm users also is that every time you want to navigate your consumable menues in combat, keeping the key pressed and using the scroll wheel, it also changes your selected rune. while i find usefull to be able to change rune selection with the mouse wheel I’d love an option to remove that feature: an option to change rune selection with only 1 2 3 4. OR (and that would be the perfect scenario) as long as i’m navigating my consumable menue with the wheel and key pressed, runes selection wouldn’t be affected at the same time.

Locking also need some work in general, if you decide to play without auto lock on. once you lock a target, runing attacks keep thinking you are offlock. it’s also inconsistent, sometime runing will just delock you, sometime you stay visually locked but your attack aren’t

Latest Discussion on the Discord made me think of multiple things :

• Dailies and Weaklies systems don’t really bring anything. it would be cool if we could just partake in this system indefinitelly, you finish a bounty, a new one get added. This would also be a way to target farm weapons and armors we want to have, if enemies had more of a loot table related to what they use and wear. Elits and Mini-bosses are amazing, no needs for them to only appear once some weeks. the World interconnected design is masterfully done, we need more insentive to wander around and do some loops into it. to our heart contempt
    Same idea apply for General Goods Merchant and Finley, we should be able to refresh stores infinitelly, money would be the limit, and we all know money becomes limiting very fast.

• Blueprints accessibility : I’d love if all blueprints actually in the game were purchassable somewhere, even if some could be extreamly expensive. would work as a pitty timer, a goal to work toward, instead of praying for wild rng to bless you.
    Alternativelly it could be that with a character you cannot drop blueprints you already know.
    Also, Blueprint accountwise seems to be something everyone would like

• equipement upgrade tiers : there was a very interesting discussion going on about upgrading weapons in tiers not feeling that significant appart from simply damages.
    My suggestion was: having some milestone tiers, let’s say hypotetically every 5 tiers, if we would account for weapons maybe being able to get to 20 in the end.
    Each milestone reach would give you the opportunity to customise your weapon, it would let you chose an added benefit out of 3, for exemple: able to now charge any of the attacks (previously unchargable) or get poise when charging attacks or now your charged attack can be overcharged, if released at the frame perfect they would do better dmgs.
    Would kinda feel like unleashing potential of our equipement we hard investing in.

• im enjoying my time playing with the Shattered Sun rn, but something that quite doesn’t make sense is: it has an amazingly flashy 5 hit combo, but in practice it’s almost never usefull. Mobs either die to your first 2 hits, or interrupt your combo because they either poise break you or do too much dmg to you so you can’t face tank while waving at them
    i’m searching a solucion to make it of any uses, my first idea would be : being able to feint an attack, continuing attacking after a feint would do the next attack of combo chain.
    that way we’d also get some gameplay out of baiting shield enemies to miss their parry, or baiting them into dodging (wolves)

Disagree on the unique runes thing, this is one of the few cues taken from soulslike I vehemently agree with a lot of weapon arts were unique to boss weapons for a reason. All the uniques have a lil description hinting to lore or can be directly tied to a concept, making them be uniques is necessary for the cool factor.

as i repplied to Nize2864, you can already get Unique’s runes as drops from Crucible boss chests, but as told to him, i agree that only finding them as drops is maybe good cause it feels amazing. I don’t think you should be able to alter Uniques tho

You already have poise while attacking, some weapons specials and even normal attacks have hyper armor and so cannot be interrupted, two handed sword has, so does the cleric mace, at least during the attack animation, not at the start. Armor is always mitigating damage too.
The other ideas i like, some new enchantments are welcome as long as they dont break the game too much.