Ideas for weapons with multiple stat requirements

Having to dump a huge amount of points in 2 stats to use a weapon sacrifices a lot of your character level, so i was thinking about a “solution”.

Instead of leveling 2 stats to use the weapon, let us use it with just one and make the other optional, example.
I want to make a dex build and got that legendary knife that requires dex and faith, i have absolutely no use for faith on my build other than that weapon, so allow me to only level dex and be able to use it without any penalty.

Now i imagine that in the future we might have some holy spells or something that actually makes sense with the faith stat, so now i only level faith and can use the weapon, so it doesn’t sacrifice a lot of points that could go to something useful on just that for a weapon.

I prefer Elden Ring’s handling on this – stats enforcements are ‘soft’, meaning you’re able to equip with literally any weapon, even if you’re a full STR build, you’d be able to equip with a mage staff.

The catch is you would not be able to use the Ash of War to its full power (equivalent to the Runes in this game). For mage staff, apparently if your INT isn’t matching, you wouldn’t be able to cast any magic spells, but the idea is that you can try out all melee weapon movesets and decide if you like it, and then you get to re-spec if you feel like rolling with it.

For the Runes, you should also be able to use it and see its animation, it’s just without the VFX on the animations. I think it really is the way to do it.

That’s just the same as removing requirements alltogether and make everything scale with everything, no? To simplify your idea even more, why have STR, DEX, INT, FTH at all and not just put them all together in a single stat “DAMAGE SCALING” ?

Sounds really boring to me, sorry.

Being able to test the weapon is really a must have, but still doesn’t solve the problem of the huge investment on some stat that serves no other purpose than scale the weapon damage. Maybe they could reduce the requirements, then it keeps scaling with just the one you put more points in. Something like, 15, 25 max. The big problem here is the amount of points you put on 2 stats and only one is really useful. Sure probably we’ll have a higher level cap on the future, but for now i think it’s pretty bad.