Favorite Runes?

I’m curious if people have certain runes they love to use, and what they love about them?

I’ve fallen into the trap of finding favorites and not experimenting much after that.

My list:

1. Whirlstep Strike - This one will probably get nerfed at some point. It’s way too easy to spam and just lawnmower everything.

2. Blink - Lots of fun to be able poof around the map. Except when you click one too many times and end up over the edge.

3. Multi-shot - Three shots in a row, each gets the benefit of on-damage buffs and holding attack down will add a fourth. Doesn’t knock you back so it’s safe to use in tight situations and seems to clear obstacles better than cone-shot.

4. Cone-shot - Another possible nerf/adjustment target. Super strong and can one-shot most enemies. I thought it would be a skill designed as a wide-angle spray, but quickly found it’s best for single target use. I’m not sure why they designed so the arrows stay together against single targets. Downsides are the kick back can send you over ledges and hitting enemies at odd angles doesn’t perform as well as multi-shot (cone shot hits objects in the path more often than multi).

5. Ice-throw - Old faithful. The freeze mechanic is currently too much better than all the other elements. Devs need to make the other elements worth choosing over this.

Would love to know what runes I’ve been missing out on.

Rather than naming specific runes I like runes that have mechanical distinctions that allow me to use them in different scenario’s.

• Throwing Runes: ranged option for melee.

• Dodge Runes: extra defensive option besides parry and dodge

• AOE Runes: clearing multiple enemies at once, not that usefull atm though, but still spin to win is always fun as is Eruption (AOE Fire Rune with iframes, costs too much focus however (150)).

Would still like a reflect, block or charge rune for shields and such.

I’m melee only guy, on 2H weapons I quite like “lightning assault”. It does need nerfs as well :joy:

Currently: Healing (too weak compared to items though), Thorns and Shotgun Magic. :wink: Blink to move my tank around…

Sadly dislike most of the Runes currently. Either to clunky or more of the same “kill faster” loop. Can’t wait to truly utilize Tank/Support/Utility style Runes and to have more of them. Also think most Buffs should be Boosts instead → Active and more powerful playstyle for Enchanter style characters, similar to LoL, instead of carrying around Weapons as Buff-Sticks.

yeah thorns is great, just not sure if it stacks with “heal when dmg dealt” affix, but it feels like it does. hard to tell tho, because my heal is insane without thorns as well.

my other fav. rune is the lightning slam one, not exactly sure what it is called. it basically 1-shots mobs.