When the tier of the tool is higher than or the same as the tier of the resource:
If you have Tier 1 tool(e.g. copper pickaxe) and you will farm Tier 1 resource with it(the copper itself) - you will required 2 perfect gathers.
Tier 2 tool vs Tier 1 resource - 1 perfect gather.
Tier 3, 4, etc vs Tier 1 resource - do not have such tests and I don’t know if it gather more resources for example.
When the tier of resource is higher than the tier of tool:
This is when the resource gathering becomes a chore.
Tier 1 tool vs Tier 2 resource - 4 perfect gathers.
Tier 1 tool vs Tier 3 resource - 6 perfect gathers.
I understand that ‘Just get proper tools’ will be the solution. But in current state it is a casino to find better tools on vendors, and I am not even sure that that Tier 2 tools can be looted, Tier 1 at least can be looted with some chances for sure.
Suggestions:
- Make 1 perfect gather for every tool and and every resource, e.g. like with fishing. However, I have no idea how to reward or penalty gathering when tier of tools and resources are different.
- Reduce step for perfect gather per tier from 2 to 1.
T1 tool vs T2 resource - will require 3 perfect gathers instead of 4.
T1 tool vs T3 resource - will require 4 perfect gathers instead of 6.
And second suggestion looks way more better than the current one when gathering become annoying honestly and requires not that much of work to improve it.
I would love to see NPC that just selling blueprints for tools(like it was before), so I can spend to that much money and craft them by myself.